Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Why Has My Hunger Craving Hasn't Changed Since Going gluten-free?

• Please log in to reply

20 replies to this topic

#16 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

i still feel like that sometimes - it's like somebody flips a switch and i am STARVING.  i kind of like it because i was never hungry before.  i used to think it was stupid for people to be so hungry!  

"but way more goes in then out."

That surprised me at first too. Then I realized I was finally DIGESTING my food instead of it passing through. (The savings in TP almost covers my grocery bill! :lol: )

Just keep eating lots of small meals for a while. And there's nothing wrong with getting up in the middle of the night and eating a bit if your hunger wakes you. Try to have something handy that requires no prep. That way you can eat and go right back to bed without waking up too much.

barty - i think this is true - finally digesting!  and in another post you make a point about salads/veggies being hard to digest in the beginning.

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

One thing I've notice is when I eat, I finally get energy, I get very tired if I don't eat but as soon as I get something in me, I feel I can function for another 2 hours or so. I took an appointment to get tested for vitamin deficiency but then they will refer me to another place who will actually do the test then 2-3 weeks for results, basically i wont know what I'm deficient in for another 6 weeks or so.

My guess is I probably have severe vitamin deficiency and probably thyroid issue, I have constant pain in the neck like something is pushing me down and very tired and no energy to walk, it gets better then it gets worse and of course I cant **** breathe.

#18 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

COULD be CC. Or it could be the type of nuts. I can't do almonds for some reason but cashews work just fine. And as I said before, you can eat Planter's nuts without fear. They are one of the good guys (I believe Kraft owns them.) ANY gluten will be CLEARLY labeled, and anything that is processed in a facility that uses gluten will be clearly labeled.

So I went to get plantar nuts, it was well labeled that it could contain gluten(wheat) so I didn't buy them but I went with the peanut in shell from the same facility as the almonds that gave me trouble, had a few and no problems.

#19 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

What kind of nuts were they? ALL of their "regular" nuts - salted cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, and even walnuts have only,"manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts and tree nuts". That means they are safe. They are made in facilities that do NOT process gluten at all.

I'm not sure about the dry roasted or flavored nuts, but if you want plain old nuts with salt you can buy and eat these with confidence.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#20 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

What kind of nuts were they? ALL of their "regular" nuts - salted cashews, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, and even walnuts have only,"manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts and tree nuts". That means they are safe. They are made in facilities that do NOT process gluten at all.

I'm not sure about the dry roasted or flavored nuts, but if you want plain old nuts with salt you can buy and eat these with confidence.

Guess not in canada, because it was overpriced nuts 6$ for 225g and it was regular one, I looked at other, salty and they were all marketing gluten.

I'll double check for which flavor and other products, but definitely saw gluten written.

#21 CR5442

CR5442

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

So wierd about the hunger thing.  I got glutened 6 days ago.  The following day I was ravenous for the entire day... didn't matter what I ate, I was still starving!  Wonder if it has something to do with Grehlin levels (hunger hormone).  Apparently much higher in Celiacs than non-celiacs.  I was always a little dubious about the 'celiac' self-diagnosis with sort of agreement from doctors, but after this experience I am pretty certain - infact 100% certain that I am.  The hunger is finally starting to die down... replaced by a low grade nausea instead!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: