5 replies to this topic

#1 SBlack

SBlack

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hi - can anyone tell me if Sanpellegrino, Blood Orange soda is gluten free??  I can't find any info on it at all.  But the Lemon, I believe is gluten free ?

Any help much appreciated - thank you!!!

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

Haven't found any of these types of drinks to have gluten.  What are the ingredients you think might be gluten?

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 SBlack

SBlack

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Haven't found any of these types of drinks to have gluten.  What are the ingredients you think might be gluten?

Natural Flavoring I guess?  Not sure!  I wouldn't think that it does however...when I google the lemon soda it's labeled everywhere that it's gluten free.  But can't find it for the blood orange at all.  In fact I am finding a lot of "controversial ingredients" and things like that.  Also saw somewhere on this site that they got sick after drinking the orange.  That is what prompted me to start the topic and ask!  Just being cautious :)  I don't know - maybe the orange is a fairly new flavor and just hasn't been out long.

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

The blood orange flavor is not new. It is also safe, or at least was when I bought my last one a month ago. There are ingredients in some foodss that could make someone sick other than gluten and just because someone has a gluten problem doesn't mean the culprit is always that. Please take some time to peruse the newbie thread in the coping section for links to reputable resources on what are and are not safe ingredients since a lot of internet myths persist.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#5 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

.  Also saw somewhere on this site that they got sick after drinking the orange. 

If you use that as your guide, you won't be able to eat anything!  I have even seen people who claim to react to plain water!

Read the ingredients and try not to let internet rumors and misinformation get to you.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 SBlack

SBlack

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

If you use that as your guide, you won't be able to eat anything!  I have even seen people who claim to react to plain water!

Read the ingredients and try not to let internet rumors and misinformation get to you.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: