16 replies to this topic

#16 xOuchie911x

xOuchie911x

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Purpura is bleeding under the skin and can be caused by a few things, but low platelet counts are the most common. Low platelet counts can reverse them selves in many cases. In other cases, treatment is needed... My platelet count became very low (2K when it should be over 100K) but that was pretty unusual. If counts get down to 50K they start watching you closely and if it is below 30K, treatment could be warranted.

If you platelet count was low in the past, the CBC test will not show that. It could show that your red blood cells are newer than most, but I think that's it... I'm not medically trained though, so take what I say with a grain of salt.  Good luck.

I haven't seen the Purpura but I do still have the tiny red flat spots (petechiae?) I noticed some more on my shoulder today. I hope I am eating enough for the tests. There are days when I can hardly eat because of slight nausea or a general ill feeling.

I also had another question, and I am sorry if I ask a lot. But I noticed several months ago that my cheek has become a bit sunken in, Now I am 98 pounds but if it was due to weight loss wouldn't it be both sides? And can celiac disease make your skin that way?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

I really don't know about the skin thing... Perhaps start a new thread about it and ask again - more people will see it that way.  :)

Most doctors ask for two servings of bread per day for testing. I advise eating those foods that you will miss once gluten-free like favourite muffins or a lasagne.  Most people go over two servings - a big plate of spaghetti will do it.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: