5 replies to this topic

#1 KarenCM

KarenCM

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that a Celiac episode aired today I didn't get the chance to watch it but luckily it is repeating next week Sunday October 23 12noon channel DHC. Did anyone else watch it today?

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:44 AM

What show is this? Is it a drama or somthing? Never heard of "Mystery Diagosis"... what network carries it?

- Vincent -

#3 sb4480

sb4480

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:16 AM

I watched it last night. The show is called "Mystery Diagnosis" and it's on the Discovery Health Channel. I think it was the first segment of the show. It told the story of a little boy who was really sick, he kept having seziures and they had no idea why. His mother had celiac disease but her doctors told her it was "rare" and not genetic so not to worry about her family. Well, low and behold, it turned out that his problem was in fact celiac disease but he had atypical symptoms. He had no GI problems at all.

I was so happy to see the subject being discussed. There was also discussion about the fact that celiac disease is not as rare as doctors used to think and should be considered regardless of symptoms if family members have it.

Stephanie

#4 julie5914

julie5914

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:51 AM

Yeah, the show usually covers people who go from doctor to doctor, knowing something is wrong but being unsatisfied with what doctors were telling them, essentially not knowing what was wrong. (Sound familiar?) They usually cover a few different people's stories (who have finallly found out what is wrong) in an hour episode. Last time we watched this, my husband said I should be on it - I am glad they are doing one on Celiac.
Blood work positive
Dx with IBS 5 years ago
Dx with Celiac and gluten-free since 6/17/05

#5 robbiesmom

robbiesmom

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:43 PM

I was thrilled to turn on this new show and discover they were talking about celiac! I taped the second showing so I could have documentation of this when we have to switch doctors or a second child has atypical symptoms. Anyone know when the House celiac episode is to be aired? I hope I didn't miss it!

#6 CeliacMe

CeliacMe

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:09 PM

Me too! I was diagnosed with "IBS" 4 years ago and Celiac in July! You know, IBS isn't a diagnosis right? It's something the doctor says when he cant figure out you have diarrhea. LOL I hate doctors!

Yeah, the show usually covers people who go from doctor to doctor, knowing something is wrong but being unsatisfied with what doctors were telling them, essentially not knowing what was wrong. (Sound familiar?) They usually cover a few different people's stories (who have finallly found out what is wrong) in an hour episode. Last time we watched this, my husband said I should be on it - I am glad they are doing one on Celiac.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pamela
Florida

Gluten Free since 7/05

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: