4 replies to this topic

#1 come dance with me

come dance with me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm thinking of getting those sausages from the shop we go to, they are gfv and freshly made instore, also grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, avocado, hash browns, corn fritters.

Any other ideas?  I want it to be very special for a very special friend who wants me to make her a vegan breakfast, and wants it to be gluten free, so she can have that experience. 

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

What about some onigiri (rice ball)? You can put quite a few different fillings within them and make them into interesting shapes and such. That would be fun and it can be easily made gluten free.

Not really a breakfast like thing, but a fun idea never the less. One of my favorite is to take some warm rice, wet my hands and put a little salt on them, and forming them.

#3 GFreeSweetie

GFreeSweetie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Try googling it! There are tons of tempting ideas out there... Some great ones I've found are Polenta with nuts and fruit sprinkled on top, the "Eggocado" (a Tim Ferriss creation), and gluten-free Baby Dutch Pancakes!

Gluten Free Indulgent

#4 GFreeSweetie

GFreeSweetie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Oh darn! I missed that you were looking for VEGAN gluten-free! You can disregard most of what I said, then. Except the Polenta--that should still work! :)

Gluten Free Indulgent

#5 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Can you get Cherrybrook Farms pancake mix?  It is gluten free and vegan (because it is free of all top 8 allergens)  Just add water. 

Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: