1 reply to this topic

#1 Nikki2777

Nikki2777

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thought I'd share two recent experiences, for those who live and visit Midtown Manhattan:

Ruby Foo's (somewhat fancy pan-Asian) had a decent Gluten Free menu.  Though only a few items on it (3 entrees, a couple of apps, and a couple of desserts - including crumb cake!)  They seemed to take it all very seriously.  Every dish I got came out with an little allergy sticker on it, and I think may have even been brought by a different waiter.  And it was very good!

Chop't - I think this is a small chain of chopped salads to order.  The manager has a binder with all the items and dressings on it, and the ingredients, When I told the first guy that I had a 'gluten allergy', he announced "allergy" down the line and they all changed their gloves and one server went in the back for clean utensils.   I will say that even with his fresh gloves, he still reached into the lettuce bin where every other 'non-allergy' glove had been before, but other than that, it seemed like a pretty clean and safe experience.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Another great place for the east side is Lily and Lu - they even have gluten free dumplings!

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: