No replies to this topic

#1 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:48 AM

every so often I like to see if there are any new studies added related to DGP, and here's an interesting abstract I found:

http://gut.bmj.com/c...2/Suppl_2/A31.2

it says that 55 patients with known celiac disease, though it doesn't say biopsy proven, were tested for compliance to GFD.  It would have been great if it was said whether these patients previously tested positive for both DGP and TTG before going on a GFD.  

Results after a GFD:

24/55 of those tested positive for DGP

Out of those results:

12/24 had an elevated ttg iga serum above the normal reference range of <10

9/24 had a ttg iga result between 3-9

3/24 had a ttg iga result of <1

All patients who tested negative for DGP were also ttg iga negative: 31/55 

The paragraph of self reporting reads as follows:

"If serum IgA anti tTG is used as a measure of compliance to GFD, then the sensitivity of anti-DGP in predicting dietary compliance was 100%, with a specificity of 72% and a negative predictive value of 100%. When compliance was determined based on patients' self-reporting during the consultation, 11 (20%) patients were documented as not fully compliant to GFD. 8 (72.7%) of these were anti-DGP positive and had elevated serum IgA anti tTG, and 3 were anti-DGP positive with IgA anti- tTG level in the normal range (with their IgA anti tTG level ranged between 3 to 9 U/ml). Four (7.3%) patients reported compliance to GFD but had positive anti-DGP tests and elevated IgA anti tTG levels."

Looks like DGP still out performs ttg iga in dietary compliance!  

Diagnosed with celiac disease, fat malabsorption, severe pancreatic insufficiency (taking Creon) and vitamin K and D deficiency

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: