Bloating

Constipation

Disgestion difficulty

Shortness of breathe

Symptoms After:

Fatigure - Worse

Cramps - Even

Bloating - Even

Constipation - Well I can't get anything out AT ALL before it would go every now and then, been starving myself with ginger,lemons,raw honey,probotics,vitamins,watermelon,avocado, nothing came out, nada. My guts just forgot how to processs feca. Yep, even laxative stopped working.

Disgestion difficulty - Just as bad

Neck Pain - Comes and goes, sometime I go a day without it sometime it start early

Shortness of breathe - By far the worse symptoms of them all, basically feeling like I've been breathing in a plastic bag for the last month.

Food intolerance - Oat,peanut butter,almonds,milk, coffee to a point.

Yea, this is going fairy smoothly.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think many of us have suggested, in your other topics, that gluten may not be the culprit or the only one. I believe you said you were going to consult a doctor? Especially about the shortness of breath - as previously you weren't sure you would live much longer because of it.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

At three month gluten-free I became quick sick. My hair fell out, my arthralgias were so ad it was hard to use a knife, my C was no better, and my fatigue as ridiculous.... I am not sure if it was gluten related or due to my thyroiditis. Look for other causes and be patient. Hang in there.
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Renegade

Renegade

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

I think many of us have suggested, in your other topics, that gluten may not be the culprit or the only one. I believe you said you were going to consult a doctor? Especially about the shortness of breath - as previously you weren't sure you would live much longer because of it.

Yup that was my plan,until my useless family doctor decided to cancel my appointment and go on vacation for 2 weeks, so now it's either go waste a full day at the clinic for some doctor who will send me home, wait for when I can have another appointment or go seek another family doctor which I am in the process of doing but it takes time.

#5 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

I would find another doctor. Where are you?

With my insurance (and I know not everyone's is the same!) if I go on their website it gives me a list of doctors I can see. Simple matter then of picking up the phone and making an appointment. Now, it does take some time as a good portion of the doctors around here book out quite a ways.....but at least then you have an appointment.

You can start a food journal/symptom journal in the mean time and take it in with you when you go.

#6 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

I don't have an insurance, in the meantime anything I eat make it feel like my gut is about to explode so now I'm just drinking ginger tea and avoid food as much as I can.

#7 mommy2krj

mommy2krj

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Oy. That is no fun. Is there a free clinic or something you could go to?

Maybe the help of a doctor would help determine if it is something more pressing that needs attention now.

For the record, if I were you and I was having these issues....here is what I would do:

I would be drinking the ginger tea (making sure that it is in fact gluten free and probably organic...as high quality as possible)

I would go in to a free clinic or the soonest I could get in to see a doctor. I would have a list of everything that was bothering me and ask lots of annoying questions.

After only drinking the tea for several days (well, the tea and water) I would add in one food that I *think* my body can tolerate. And I would again make sure it is the highest quality I could find. Whether that is rice or a fruit or a veggie...something that my body could handle. I would eat that and continue with the tea and water for several days....possibly a week. If no symptoms, I would add in one more thing.....and keep on going like that. At this point it would probably be fruits and veggies simply because they are nutritious and easy to find and fairly cheap this time of year. Of course....this is provided that your symptoms are lessening while only drinking the tea.

I would research the top foods that give reactions and the family of those foods that can also give reactions just by being related. I would completely avoid those foods at all costs at this point.

I would probably start off with watermelon or with sweet potato (simply because I love watermelon and sweet potatoes are pretty nutritious and still potato like...I'm a big potato fan) and see if those are edible for me without causing issues.

So, I would eat watermelon for a week. Nothing else. Drink lots of water and probably 3 or 4 glasses of the ginger tea each day. Nothing.....I mean NOTHING else. If there are no reactions that week....then on to the next week.

The next week I would add in the sweet potato. So now I have watermelon and sweet potatoes that I can eat. Yay. No symptoms. Only eating fresh watermelon and fresh sweet potatoes. Drinking water and good organic high quality ginger tea. Moving on to the next week....

I would add another single fruit or single veggie. Or, if my symptoms are gone...I'd probably start feeling brave and add one of each so I could have a bigger variety....but it would still be one veggie and then a couple days later one fruit and keep at that for a couple days.

And on and on. If it is food that is doing this to you....it could take quite a while to figure out which one is making you feel like this. Patience is key and with symptoms like you've been describing, insurance or not, you need the help of a doctor.

#8 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Seems like I'm going to starve to death but no other choice.

#9 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

I don't have an insurance, in the meantime anything I eat make it feel like my gut is about to explode so now I'm just drinking ginger tea and avoid food as much as I can.

You can't survive off just ginger tea. If you are having that serious of a level of pain and you are in the US then go to the ER and tell them what is going on or go to the clinic as soon as it opens tomorrow.  If you are unable to eat anything then that is a medical emergency.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#10 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

You can't survive off just ginger tea. If you are having that serious of a level of pain and you are in the US then go to the ER and tell them what is going on or go to the clinic as soon as it opens tomorrow.  If you are unable to eat anything then that is a medical emergency.

^  yeah.  what she said  ^

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#11 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

^  yeah.  what she said  ^

I'll see if I can introduce some smoothies made of juice and almond milk,

#12 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

I think we all said something like that last week when he? She? Couldn't breathe and thought he wouldn't live thru the weekend.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#13 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I think we all said something like that last week when he? She? Couldn't breathe and thought he wouldn't live thru the weekend.

It got better at some point, then worse then better, bromelain seem to have helped a lot.

#14 FloB

FloB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

1 month and 2 weeks gluten free.

Symptoms before:

Fatigure

Cramps

Bloating

Constipation

Disgestion difficulty

Shortness of breathe

Symptoms After:

Fatigure - Worse

Cramps - Even

Bloating - Even

Constipation - Well I can't get anything out AT ALL before it would go every now and then, been starving myself with ginger,lemons,raw honey,probotics,vitamins,watermelon,avocado, nothing came out, nada. My guts just forgot how to processs feca. Yep, even laxative stopped working.

Disgestion difficulty - Just as bad

Neck Pain - Comes and goes, sometime I go a day without it sometime it start early

Shortness of breathe - By far the worse symptoms of them all, basically feeling like I've been breathing in a plastic bag for the last month.

Food intolerance - Oat,peanut butter,almonds,milk, coffee to a point.

Yea, this is going fairy smoothly.

Thank you for describing the Plastic Bag.

#15 Renegade

Renegade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

How did I dare to ingest food in my body knowing how bad I would feel!!!!

Had 7 peanuts, leaked guts, cramps again. yayyyyy, so hungry yet cant eat shit.

Just felt like venting, I'll go see a doctor when I can afford to waste 100$ to get told everything is fine and go home.

Still feels weird to me how I get reaction in my GUT when the food is still in my stomach, now you'll say, but it's probably a reaction from a prior food, well it happens right after I ate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: