3 replies to this topic

#1 tka

tka

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Since being diagnosed 2 months ago, I have had awful pain in my lower back, hips and legs, even my feet almost daily, particularly upon waking or after siting for a few minutes. I had trouble getting gluttened about once per week for the first 4 weeks or so, but seem to have done better the last 4. Tummy still rolls on occasion and gas some. Went thru a period awful exhaustion, but that is some better too. I am not completely exhausted every day like I was, but still can't make it thru the day without fading. I'm worried about the pains in my back and hips. Are they symptoms too, or could I be developing something else too?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is it sciatic pain?
Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 tka

tka

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

Is it sciatic pain?

I don't think so. Burning, achiness, stiffness in lower back. Achiness, stiffness in both hips. The pain in my foot is around a site that I had surgery 7 or 8 years ago. It's aching and stinging. I feel like something's attacking weak spots in my body and lie I'm 100 years old.

#4 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

I personally think that getting tested for vitamin deficiencies should be a part of any gluten allergy/celiac diagnosis. They are really common and are easy to find with blood tests.

I know that leg pains are associated with some deficiency, though I forget which one. Neuropathies can be caused by B12 deficiencies.

My aches and pains, though not as bad as yours, don't seem to be related to gluten directly, though I don't doubt that the damage and malnourishment that gluten caused could have been a factor. But they really don't know what affect celiac can have on the tendons and ligaments in joints.

There are a bunch of other autoimmune issues that seem to be more common in those with celiac. Sorry I don't have any other ideas for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: