Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Question About Break Outs...

5 posts in this topic

Hello!  Quick question, hopefully ;)  I have not been diagnosed with DH, but am very suspicious of it.  Started with a strange rash, went gluten free and rash went away.  Went back to eating gluten and it came back and I have had new bumps each day since going back to eating gluten.  I had one cluster that I recently posted pics of which was far more severe than any others have been.  I am still eating gluten but over the last few days really haven't noticed anything new.  Does this happen with DH?  Can you break out with new bumps every day for over a month and then stop for a few days, weeks, etc?

Ads by Google:

The short answer is yes. But there are many rashes associated with celiac disease &/or gluten/wheat. People can be allergic to wheat & at the same time be celiac.

I will add that with dh you can be eating gluten & completely clear up -- totally -- for maybe months at the time but with dh ..... ONE DAY it will break out like crazy & not go away.

I will add that with dh you can be eating gluten & completely clear up -- totally -- for maybe months at the time but with dh ..... ONE DAY it will break out like crazy & not go away.

Thank you so much!  One thing I have noticed is that though I haven't really gotten anything new the last few days, the spots that are starting to heal keep getting inflamed again.  I also think ibuprofen may have been a trigger for the more severe outbreak as I was taking it every 6 hours or so for a few days.

Yup, Ibuprofen will do it -- it does it to me. They will do that....start to heal & then get inflamed again. Stuff has a mind of it's own. :angry:  :angry:  :ph34r: