4 replies to this topic

#1 Jdorrferball

Jdorrferball

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

Hello!  Quick question, hopefully ;)  I have not been diagnosed with DH, but am very suspicious of it.  Started with a strange rash, went gluten free and rash went away.  Went back to eating gluten and it came back and I have had new bumps each day since going back to eating gluten.  I had one cluster that I recently posted pics of which was far more severe than any others have been.  I am still eating gluten but over the last few days really haven't noticed anything new.  Does this happen with DH?  Can you break out with new bumps every day for over a month and then stop for a few days, weeks, etc?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

The short answer is yes. But there are many rashes associated with celiac disease &/or gluten/wheat. People can be allergic to wheat & at the same time be celiac.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:11 AM

I will add that with dh you can be eating gluten & completely clear up -- totally -- for maybe months at the time but with dh ..... ONE DAY it will break out like crazy & not go away.

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#4 Jdorrferball

Jdorrferball

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

I will add that with dh you can be eating gluten & completely clear up -- totally -- for maybe months at the time but with dh ..... ONE DAY it will break out like crazy & not go away.

Thank you so much!  One thing I have noticed is that though I haven't really gotten anything new the last few days, the spots that are starting to heal keep getting inflamed again.  I also think ibuprofen may have been a trigger for the more severe outbreak as I was taking it every 6 hours or so for a few days.

#5 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Yup, Ibuprofen will do it -- it does it to me. They will do that....start to heal & then get inflamed again. Stuff has a mind of it's own. :angry:  :angry:  :ph34r:

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: