Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Paragone & Gluten Free

6 posts in this topic

I've been gluten free for 4 mos. now to cure my terrible IBS. I didn't find it difficult because, growing up on the East Coast, I've been on a diet most of my life. I am now taking ParaGONE (advised by my chiropractor who suggested I go Gluten Free) in hopes of healing the IBS since I was once diagnosed with H-Pylori. Since I've been taking it have absolutely no energy and feel drained. Someone please tell me I'm not alone! 

Ads by Google:

paragone  is to  remove  any parasites  from your  body. It is  usual   to feel  totally  drained  while  using  that product...and please  don't use  it  on a  regular  basis... I  would  suggest  digestive  enzymes  &  probiotics....

Why do you caution using it for any length of time???

Your  system  will become  dependent  upon  it...plus  it  kills  off  all  your  good  friendly  stuff too....we  need  some  of those  nasty  sounding  things to  help  keep  our  bodies  safe...not all is  a  bad  thing....

Were any tests done to see if you actually need this med? Colon cleanses can be dangerous for us. Were you tested for celiac before your chiro suggested you go gluten free? Have you seen any improvement since dropping gluten? It can take time to heal and some of us have additional intolerances with the most common being dairy and soy.

I've always thought that the term "syndrome" generally means that doctors don't know what is going on, so I wouldn't be satisfied with a diagnosis of IBS.

If you didn't have the H. pylori treated already, wouldn't an antibiotic be the proper medication rather than an anti-parasitic?

I think I remember reading something a long time ago about certain foods being good for battling H pylori, so perhaps in conjunction with the correct medication that could help you?

But I'd stop taking medical advice from a chiropractor. I'm all for taking into consideration natural or homeopathic remedies, but only if they are backed by science. If you don't have parasites, why are you taking an anti-parasitic!