5 replies to this topic

#1 FloB

FloB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

I've been gluten free for 4 mos. now to cure my terrible IBS. I didn't find it difficult because, growing up on the East Coast, I've been on a diet most of my life. I am now taking ParaGONE (advised by my chiropractor who suggested I go Gluten Free) in hopes of healing the IBS since I was once diagnosed with H-Pylori. Since I've been taking it have absolutely no energy and feel drained. Someone please tell me I'm not alone! 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

paragone  is to  remove  any parasites  from your  body. It is  usual   to feel  totally  drained  while  using  that product...and please  don't use  it  on a  regular  basis... I  would  suggest  digestive  enzymes  &  probiotics....

#3 FloB

FloB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

Why do you caution using it for any length of time???

#4 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Your  system  will become  dependent  upon  it...plus  it  kills  off  all  your  good  friendly  stuff too....we  need  some  of those  nasty  sounding  things to  help  keep  our  bodies  safe...not all is  a  bad  thing....

#5 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,742 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

Were any tests done to see if you actually need this med? Colon cleanses can be dangerous for us. Were you tested for celiac before your chiro suggested you go gluten free? Have you seen any improvement since dropping gluten? It can take time to heal and some of us have additional intolerances with the most common being dairy and soy.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#6 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

I've always thought that the term "syndrome" generally means that doctors don't know what is going on, so I wouldn't be satisfied with a diagnosis of IBS.

If you didn't have the H. pylori treated already, wouldn't an antibiotic be the proper medication rather than an anti-parasitic?

I think I remember reading something a long time ago about certain foods being good for battling H pylori, so perhaps in conjunction with the correct medication that could help you?

But I'd stop taking medical advice from a chiropractor. I'm all for taking into consideration natural or homeopathic remedies, but only if they are backed by science. If you don't have parasites, why are you taking an anti-parasitic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: