Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

When Did The D And C Get Better For You?

• Please log in to reply

19 replies to this topic

#1 answerseeker

answerseeker

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I've been 7 weeks gluten free and really feeling good. Pain is gone and energy is returning.

However I still get some gurgling in the belly and my D and C is still present. I still haven't had a normal bm.

Normal?

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

acute adult onset asthma diagnosed April 2012

celiac diagnosis July 2013

osteopenia Sept 2013

Dysautonomia: POTS (autonomic nervous system dysfunction)

DQ2 Gene

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 flowerqueen

flowerqueen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I've been 7 weeks gluten free and really feeling good. Pain is gone and energy is returning.

However I still get some gurgling in the belly and my D and C is still present. I still haven't had a normal bm.

Normal?

It's still very early days yet.  It can take a lot longer just to start to feel well and you are already much improved, so that is a good sign. 

Under active thyroid; diabetic; hiatus hernia; acid reflux; dairy intolerant; arthritis; sciatica due to spine degeneration; diagnosed with coeliac disease November 2011; fibromyalgia; allergic to Thyme & MSG and alcohol. Allergic to TCP antiseptic, and plasters. Taking medication for severe muscle spasms in upper back.
Despite all, remaining positive!

#3 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

It could take months.  Not meant to be discouraging, just truthful.  Its more than just healing.  You made need to build up the good germs in your system.  You are eating differently, so you may be getting more fiber or less fiber.  As you heal, it can change.  This week you may need extra fiber but 2 months from now you might not or vice a versa. 

Its just a balancing act and not always easy to figure out.  Do the best you can and give it another month or 2.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#4 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Ok. it alternates between loose stools(sorry that's gross) and constipation. So it makes it difficult to determine what I need! I'm taking my probiotics in the meantime.

I also think its all messed up because in 2012 I was on 4 different rounds of antibiotics in a year. Need to build back up the good bacteria I guess

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#5 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:13 AM

Are you eating dairy?  IF so, you might want to cut it out for a few weeks and see if that helps.  When you get everything running smoothly, you can try it again.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Are you eating dairy?  IF so, you might want to cut it out for a few weeks and see if that helps.  When you get everything running smoothly, you can try it again.

yes, milk in my gluten free chex almost every morning and half n half in my coffee

is lactose free milk a good option or a nut milk better?

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#7 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

yes, milk in my gluten free chex almost every morning and half n half in my coffee

is lactose free milk a good option or a nut milk better?

I'm just thinking about the lactose.  But that doesn't seem like much milk/lactose for the day.  Maybe that's not a problem.

dancing-turkey.gif

#8 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

I'd dump the dairy for a few months and see if it helps. It took me a while to get my gut straightened out and stop the alternating

D and C I had for my entire life. What worked for me  was probiotics, no dairy, time. You'll get there, too. Hang in there.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#9 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

http://sodeliciousda...-french-vanilla

I love this stuff for my coffee and I can have dairy!

dancing-turkey.gif

#10 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

okie dokie ;)

I'd dump the dairy for a few months and see if it helps. It took me a while to get my gut straightened out and stop the alternating

D and C I had for my entire life. What worked for me  was probiotics, no dairy, time. You'll get there, too. Hang in there.

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#11 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

http://sodeliciousda...-french-vanilla

I love this stuff for my coffee and I can have dairy!

me too--yummy stuff :) I still use it. I still use coconut milk, too.

But I do luvs me cheese! It was great to get that back.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#12 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I have been eating a bit of ice cream in the evenings too. and we go out for frozen yogurt often. I'm guessing that's the problem.

I kind of knew it in the back of my mind because I get "the gurgles" after I eat ice cream, but I love my ice cream :wub:

with gluten my reaction is literally within 20min but it seems dairy is a ittle harder to figure out because it is not right away, I get the gurgling but the D comes usually the next day. I had it this morning before I ate anything, back to the food journal.......

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

osteopenia Sept 2013

DQ2 Gene

#13 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have been eating a bit of ice cream in the evenings too. and we go out for frozen yogurt often. I'm guessing that's the problem.

I kind of knew it in the back of my mind because I get "the gurgles" after I eat ice cream, but I love my ice cream :wub:

with gluten my reaction is literally within 20min but it seems dairy is a ittle harder to figure out because it is not right away, I get the gurgling but the D comes usually the next day. I had it this morning before I ate anything, back to the food journal.......

So delicious makes some yummy ice cream, too!  One or two  flavors aren't gluten-free, so check the ingredients.  The cookie dough flavor is gluten-free cookie dough.

dancing-turkey.gif

#14 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm with IrishHeart on the coconut milk. I really don't miss dairy all that much with coconut milk and daiya cheese. I'll go back to it someday but it's nothing I'm missing out on now.

Hope you feel better soon! 

#15 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Going out for ice cream could be a problem. They use gluten cones at ice cream places and VERY often (I know 'cause I used to manage an ice cream shop), cone crumbs fall into the tubs. And with the soft serve, those cones very often touch the nozzle. And hands that touch the cones will often touch the inside of the cup they put your ice cream in. Or the spoons! Cone crumbs get everywhere and a lot of times there will be crumbs at the bottom of the container the plastic spoons are sitting in. One place I worked at was so busy in the summertime it looked like a tornado had passed through by the second hour - broken cones and ice cream drips everywhere.  I never worked so hard in my life!

So even after you try dairy again, I think it's best to eat your ice cream at home. :)

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: