Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pillsbury gluten-free Pizza Dough

18 posts in this topic

tried this tonight - it was easy and i didn't hate it (although i spread it thinner than the package says and probably baked it longer)  i had seconds.  it's a little 'sweeter' than i anticipated but i would try it again <ok, y'all i am sooo gonna play with it lolz it's *dough* already made)   it contains soy and egg, so i wouldn't eat it every day (soy hates me) but it sure was easy.  

anybody else try it?  what'dya think?

Ads by Google:

Better than the premade ones you buy in the freezer section.  Easy to play with as well.  I liked it.

Yes, expensive but if you're looking for coupons Pillsbury has $1 off one tub on their website. And coupons dot com has $0.75 off coupons on their page.

I used it to make these:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Supreme-Pizza-Balls-Clinton-Kelly

I liked how easy they were to roll out - not sticky like most gluten-free dough. I would use them again for appetizers. They were very chewy. My older son thought you could use it to make a sweet version of the pizza rolls.

Loved the convenience of it...but I was disappointed because I thought it was too sweet! I need to try it in different recipes, not just for making pizza.

I tried it and didn't think it was too bad. But this was my 1st time trying gluten free pizza. It was a little chewy and I would make it thinner next time. But it would take care of a pizza craving. It was convient and very easy to make that's what I like about it.

kareng, What gluten-free pizza crust did you use? I didn't care for Pillsbury....please share

I've not seen it yet... but I'm a huge fan of Namaste pizza crust mix. All it needs is water and a splash of olive oil. Rather than two huge crusts, I make 4 to 6 smaller crusts... bake them off... top one and freeze the rest. They are delicious!

tried this tonight - it was easy and i didn't hate it (although i spread it thinner than the package says and probably baked it longer)  i had seconds.  it's a little 'sweeter' than i anticipated but i would try it again <ok, y'all i am sooo gonna play with it lolz it's *dough* already made)   it contains soy and egg, so i wouldn't eat it every day (soy hates me) but it sure was easy.  

I picked it up and even had it in my shopping cart and then put it back....I am so hesitant to try new things.  So many of the substitutes I really don't care for. I was a person who practically lived on bread my whole young life,  not until the last 10 years have I had real problems.  So it is taking some getting used to.  But I haven't had a piece of pizza since going gluten free and I sure do miss it.   But it is the crust I probably miss most.  I might try it.....

I picked it up and even had it in my shopping cart and then put it back....I am so hesitant to try new things.  So many of the substitutes I really don't care for. I was a person who practically lived on bread my whole young life,  not until the last 10 years have I had real problems.  So it is taking some getting used to.  But I haven't had a piece of pizza since going gluten free and I sure do miss it.   But it is the crust I probably miss most.  I might try it.....

after trying soooooooooo many different recipes (and now i want to try the namaste, too, but it is not easily found in my hick town lolz) this was at least easy and co-operative dough.  i have different things in mind for it next time i buy it.  the crust isn't crumbly or gritty or rubbery and you can't beat the 'plop it out of the container, spread on pan with greased hands, pop in oven' part.  lolz - i have visions of my failed pizza doughs, the worst one was rolling *extremely sticky* dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.  dough everywhere, stuck to everything, and plastic wrap and i were never friends to begin with.  at least my husband got a good laugh out of it, while he untangled me and tried to salvage said dough <which turned out terrible, anyway.  at least if i'm going to have mediocre pizza, i don't have to make a super-human effort!  LOLZ  :lol:

what store did you find it in?

what store did you find it in?

I have seen it at 2 regular grocery stores in my area.

after trying soooooooooo many different recipes (and now i want to try the namaste, too, but it is not easily found in my hick town lolz) this was at least easy and co-operative dough.  i have different things in mind for it next time i buy it.  the crust isn't crumbly or gritty or rubbery and you can't beat the 'plop it out of the container, spread on pan with greased hands, pop in oven' part.  lolz - i have visions of my failed pizza doughs, the worst one was rolling *extremely sticky* dough between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.  dough everywhere, stuck to everything, and plastic wrap and i were never friends to begin with.  at least my husband got a good laugh out of it, while he untangled me and tried to salvage said dough <which turned out terrible, anyway.  at least if i'm going to have mediocre pizza, i don't have to make a super-human effort!  LOLZ  :lol:

I think I will have to get some........I think that was another one of my hesitations,  I have heard similar horror stories about trying to roll out gluten free pizza dough. So the fact it is easy to handle, that is a plus.  I don't mind if it is a little sweet,  well I will just have to give it a try,  because if I like it,   I think it will give me some new recipe ideas.  One of the hardest things for me is trying to accumulate a variety of tasty gluten free tried and true dishes.   It is kind of hit and miss at this point.  

Still haven't tried it, but since its sweet, wouldn't make a good crust for a sweet pizza?

I think I will have to get some........I think that was another one of my hesitations,  I have heard similar horror stories about trying to roll out gluten free pizza dough. So the fact it is easy to handle, that is a plus.  I don't mind if it is a little sweet,  well I will just have to give it a try,  because if I like it,   I think it will give me some new recipe ideas.  One of the hardest things for me is trying to accumulate a variety of tasty gluten free tried and true dishes.   It is kind of hit and miss at this point.  

have you been on the cooking & baking forum - lots of ideas and recipes there.   if you have any sort of 'comfort food' you would like to make gluten free, they can help with substitutions and whatnot :)

I have tried it, twice already :)  It is better than any of the frozen crusts.  It is a bit sweet, but not overly sweet-however I can see this being good for a dessert pizza or another sweet use.  It spreads fairly easy and doesn't stick.  I would let it sit out a few minutes it makes it even easier to pat out into the pan.  I baked it a little longer than it said, which helped it not be as chewy as the first time I prepared it.  I have TMJ (jaw pain) problems so I am super sensitive to anything chewy, though.

I hope this stays on the market, I think it is going to be a permanent part of my recipe rotation.  With classico pizza sauce, mozzarella, a few pepperoni, and as many mushrooms as I can fit on top.  In fact, I think the sweetness of the dough makes it go REALLY well with classico sauce.  May be just me, though. :)

i have used it for the second time, now, made it super-duper thin and my sauce a little less sweet - it wanted to stick to the pan a little in the middle, so next time i'm gonna oil the living sh!t out of it - but i have been having a slice here and there for days and no adverse reaction (not even from the soy, i am pleasantly surprised!)  i think my next one will be a white pizza  (shout out to shadow!   lolz)