17 replies to this topic

#16 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

I think I will have to get some........I think that was another one of my hesitations,  I have heard similar horror stories about trying to roll out gluten free pizza dough. So the fact it is easy to handle, that is a plus.  I don't mind if it is a little sweet,  well I will just have to give it a try,  because if I like it,   I think it will give me some new recipe ideas.  One of the hardest things for me is trying to accumulate a variety of tasty gluten free tried and true dishes.   It is kind of hit and miss at this point.  

have you been on the cooking & baking forum - lots of ideas and recipes there.   if you have any sort of 'comfort food' you would like to make gluten free, they can help with substitutions and whatnot :)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I have tried it, twice already :)  It is better than any of the frozen crusts.  It is a bit sweet, but not overly sweet-however I can see this being good for a dessert pizza or another sweet use.  It spreads fairly easy and doesn't stick.  I would let it sit out a few minutes it makes it even easier to pat out into the pan.  I baked it a little longer than it said, which helped it not be as chewy as the first time I prepared it.  I have TMJ (jaw pain) problems so I am super sensitive to anything chewy, though.

I hope this stays on the market, I think it is going to be a permanent part of my recipe rotation.  With classico pizza sauce, mozzarella, a few pepperoni, and as many mushrooms as I can fit on top.  In fact, I think the sweetness of the dough makes it go REALLY well with classico sauce.  May be just me, though. :)

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

#18 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

i have used it for the second time, now, made it super-duper thin and my sauce a little less sweet - it wanted to stick to the pan a little in the middle, so next time i'm gonna oil the living sh!t out of it - but i have been having a slice here and there for days and no adverse reaction (not even from the soy, i am pleasantly surprised!)  i think my next one will be a white pizza  (shout out to shadow!   lolz) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refrigerated dough, gluten free pizza

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: