3 replies to this topic

#1 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hey Addy, I know there are some nasty fires in your area. If you get a chance, let us know you're OK. I hope you haven't been evacuated, and I hope the smoke is not so thick you can't breathe. (((((HUGS)))))

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

All fine here. One of the worst is up near Park City, which I'm nowhere near. That is all touristy and such, I've actually never even been there. There is another relatively bad one that is all the way out near Tooele, so the middle of nowhere, but we can see the smoke all the way down here near Orem. It was pretty thick and brown yesterday when we headed up towards American Fork for an errand. There is a third that is the closest down in Spanish Fork canyon but we can't see the smoke from it here and that is still relatively far out. None are close enough that they could be a threat to us here.

I am watching closely though for new fires and such. Keeping enough gas in my Jeep for an emergency evacuation without a pit stop. Checked our go bags, made sure we have bottled water in our cars, all that. I'm not too worried unless something starts near Provo canyon or something, we're close enough to the mouth of that for it to get scary and fast. There are plenty of recommendations for people close to fires to stay indoors if they aren't evacuated. The air gets pretty bad pretty fast.

My husband works close to where a fire was last year up in Saratoga Springs. I had to run something up to him last week on a rather windy day. It is terrible up there, the dust was blowing off the hills and it was so bad it looked like a wall of dirt. I got the hell out of there as fast as I could, it kept getting worse and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to see to drive soon.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

Glad to hear it! This morning as I woke up it was the first thing I heard on the radio and I thought of you right away.

It has RAINED here almost every night this summer! Haven't had to worry about fires at all. What a relief! There has even been some minor flooding, like the night last week when we got six inches in five hours. No one is complaining though. :)

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#4 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

That's a lot of rain! I wish we could get some rain that doesn't come with lightning. If you guys get sick of it, send it this way. I swear, most of the people here don't even know what rain is. Sometimes they call things I wouldn't even deem worthy of the word "sprinkle" rain. :rolleyes:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: