4 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:34 PM

My daughter and I were shopping today , looking thru the cereals and darn it!! Some of those packages are gluten free, it says waaayyyyy at the bottom in lil tiny letters .. I wish they would make it a lil easier. I guess as you go thru the years you know what to buy and what to stay away from. Us newbies , well we need a bigger sign sometimes!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

you  can ask on this  site  &  one of us  will  tell you  ..so if  you have  something  your not  sure of  just  ask or  even something  you feel  you are craving  just  ask  we can lead  to the gluten-free  version!!!!

#3 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

Thank you :) Yea I realize on here you all can answer just about any question :) And I truly appreciate that :) I was really just complaining lol I cannot ask while I am in the store (No signal) but I know if I write it down and the post in here I will get an answer. You all are so smart! 

It is just like Frito's (I LOVE) on the back towards the bottom it says "Gluten free" I wonder why they don't show it on the front a lil bigger. I was eating these just off the ingredient list , wondering if they were "Truly" gluten free. Then one day I seen the lil "Gluten free" at the bottom in the back. Is it because some people would be turned off at Gluten free? So they don't post it bigger? Just rambling thoughts in my head is all.  When we were at the store we were looking at cereal. And low and behold on the back at the bottom was the lil 'Gluten free' So I guess I have already learned to search for it in the back at the bottom in tiny letter lol .. Better than not seeing it at all ...

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

My daughter and I were shopping today , looking thru the cereals and darn it!! Some of those packages are gluten free, it says waaayyyyy at the bottom in lil tiny letters .. I wish they would make it a lil easier. I guess as you go thru the years you know what to buy and what to stay away from. Us newbies , well we need a bigger sign sometimes!! 

I have to make sure I have my extra strength (200s) reading glasses at the grocery.  Even then, some print is really small. 

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#5 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:36 AM

I have to make sure I have my extra strength (200s) reading glasses at the grocery.  Even then, some print is really small. 

True!! I carry mine with me at all times!!  It came in handy ! Thats for sure!! My daughter and I looking and looking Me: Ohh there it is ! See it ?Riiiiiiggghhhtttt there lol .... 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: