This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac, Candida, And Leakygut

Herreralovv

Herreralovv Rookie

Ok so ive been on the gluten free diet. I did feel better but not completely. I get bloated by milk beans, sugary things, and other things. My doctor didnt even inform me if i should take probiotics, and other things to heal faster. I was just wondering if u guys healed on its own, or will i also have to avoid to eat the things that make me bloat. And if i should start taking supplements?? Im just ffrustated, i havent lost any more weight. But i havent gained much either.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AlwaysLearning Collaborator

Vitamin deficiencies are common for those who have been malabsorbing and can cause all sorts of symptoms all on their own. I'd get those tested. Otherwise, a food diary could help you figure out if you have any additional food sensitivities.

Most doctors seem to know a lot less than the people here who have lived it, so you're in the right place.

Knowing how long you've been gluten free, if you've already had an endoscopy, and how well you're doing at avoiding accidental glutenings would probably help others give better advice, but what you're mentioning seems to be pretty common here.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Excellent advice about keeping a food journal.  Rotate your foods around and that means don't eat the same foods every single day!  You might research rotational diets.  You might have food intolerances (foods that bother you) and the journal will help identify them.  It won't be a waste of your time.  

If you already know something bothers you, eliminate it!  Milk bothers you so nothing that comes from a  cow (sour cream, butter, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc.)  You might be able to bring it back into your diet in a few months (or maybe never)

Why do you suspect a candida problem?  Is it just vaginal or do you have it in your mouth (thrush)?  If you do have a problem with candida, you have to eliminate or severely cut down on sugar.  That means all simple carbs (like white rice) and includes fruit (just a few pieces a week and pick a low sugar fruit).  You'll have to bulk up on tons of veggies.   Eat them for breakfast (I do!) an(d you will keep from getting hungry.  Eat plenty of whole foods like meat and veggies and your weight should remain stable.

You don't really want to go on this diet, unless you really do have a Candida as it's hard enough being gluten free.  For now, I'd just stick to gluten free and try to identify foods that are making you bloat.  

You can take probiotics -- they won't hurt you.   And if you have Celiac or a Gluten Intolerance it will take a long time (up to two years) to completely get well.  So be patient!  

I hope you're feeling better soon.  Being a new mom is hard enough!  

Hungry?  Have another helping of meat and veggies.  

Finally, were you able to get a Celiac blood test?  

Herreralovv Rookie

Yes, ive been having thrush but no as bad as before when i was eating gluten. But ive been taking coconut oil as an antifungal, taking probiotics, and eatn nothing but veggies and meat.Yes i did take the blood test, turned out i had celiac. Thanks, i will keep that in mind, i will be patient.

w8in4dave Community Regular

I have thrush, toenails coming off hair falling out and a rash on my back.. They gave me a med for my mouth, something I swish around. Then my toenail I have to send in a specimen (let then grow out a bit1st) my rash I have a cream for , my hair Biotin. Just W8in to heal!! :) 

Herreralovv Rookie

I have thrush, toenails coming off hair falling out and a rash on my back.. They gave me a med for my mouth, something I swish around. Then my toenail I have to send in a specimen (let then grow out a bit1st) my rash I have a cream for , my hair Biotin. Just W8in to heal!! :)

Im healing faster than i thought from candida. I didn't have no nail fungus, but i did have this mucus feeling in my throat, vaginal thrush, and white spots in my mouth. Ive took out carbs, grains and anything sweets, I'm also taking antifungals. Thats been helping a lot. But now I'm just trying to heal my leaky gut, by taking out anything I'm bloating from like corn,carbs, beans, rice, milk. Its very hard to eat like this, but i just want to get better.

I guess we all do what we can to help ourselves! Right? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Herreralovv Rookie

Yes its only a matter of time till we can eat just gluten free with no problems,

True true!! :) ........ What are milk beans? W8 I have the internet I will look it up ... 

Herreralovv Rookie

True true!! :) ........ What are milk beans? W8 I have the internet I will look it up ...

Lmao no i meant milk, beans not milk beans

lol :) 

Anyhow I came up with how to make milk with pinto beans ... 

Open Original Shared Link

Milk beans lol

Archived