Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Any Doctor Recommendations For Nyc Area?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnS

JohnS

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Need a good GI doc as soon as possible for Celiac.  I have an appt with Dr Green at Columbia, but earliest they could give it to me was late Dec.  I have been to 4 GI docs over the last several years and they know less than I do, one said avoid Corn!  I have no problem in traveling up to 100 miles.  Would be great if you could recommend one in NYC, Long Island, CT and not too far into NJ.  THanks.

John

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

http://www.celiac.co...e-1#entry802220

use the google function in the top right corner and you will see more threads about this.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 LauraB0927

LauraB0927

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

I LOVE my GI doctor - he's in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.  Not too far of a drive from NYC, maybe like 20-30 mins away?  He tested me for Celiac before I even knew what Celiac was and I only reported minimal symptoms.  His name is Dr. Gillin and I've included the website for the practice below.  The campus is huge and practice includes any kind of doctor you would need and even an urgent care center, a lab, MRI/X-ray imaging center, outpatient surgery, etc.  So when I have to get my endoscopy, I just walk downstairs to the surgical center and they send all my results upstairs to Dr. Gillin.  Its super convenient and he takes everything I say very seriously.  Knows a lot about Celiac and was even asking about "cross-contamination" when I met with him for my check-up.... I hope this works for you!!

http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead ahead - soon we must all face the choice, to do what is right, or what is easy..." - Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

Diagnosed Celiac in May 2012 by TTG level and endoscopy
Acid reflux/GERD (stopped since eating gluten-free)
Syncope
Raynaud's Syndrome
Iron Deficient

#4 JohnS

JohnS

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

I LOVE my GI doctor - he's in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.  Not too far of a drive from NYC, maybe like 20-30 mins away?  He tested me for Celiac before I even knew what Celiac was and I only reported minimal symptoms.  His name is Dr. Gillin and I've included the website for the practice below.  The campus is huge and practice includes any kind of doctor you would need and even an urgent care center, a lab, MRI/X-ray imaging center, outpatient surgery, etc.  So when I have to get my endoscopy, I just walk downstairs to the surgical center and they send all my results upstairs to Dr. Gillin.  Its super convenient and he takes everything I say very seriously.  Knows a lot about Celiac and was even asking about "cross-contamination" when I met with him for my check-up.... I hope this works for you!!

http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/

Thank you very much, I will look into him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: