3 replies to this topic

#1 tka

tka

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

Has anybody had problems with pins and needles sensations? I can have them in my arms and legs, scalp or even face. The worse ones are in my right arm. The are recurring sharp pin pricks mostly in one spot. I scratch them and they go away for a bit. I don't seem to have any rash or skin problems in the areas it. happens. at times it even feels like it's all over...traveling. Driving me nuts.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Try adding some sublingual B12 to your vitamin regime.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 eers03

eers03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

That can be your B complex vitamins, yes.  I don't know your current weight but if you are on the lighter side, it may behoove you to increase your calorie intake.  Sounds strange, I know.  I have had some peculiar sensations myself when I was incredibly underweight for my height.  As my weight restored, the sensations subsided.  

Also, don't become too inactive.  Get outside and get some sun.  Use your hands.  Be as active as you can.  I think sometimes we can become to inactive and it causes us to deteriorate in strange ways.  As we use certain parts of our bodies, our body then concentrates on healing what we used.

For example, early in my diagnosis, after being quite inactive, I decided to detail my car.  My wrists remained incredibly weak for a solid month.  It was so strange.  I also had tingling in some fingers...  But it as I kept getting off the couch, it kept getting better.  SLOWLY, but better.

Diagnosis 11/2012

#4 tka

tka

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

That can be your B complex vitamins, yes.  I don't know your current weight but if you are on the lighter side, it may behoove you to increase your calorie intake.  Sounds strange, I know.  I have had some peculiar sensations myself when I was incredibly underweight for my height.  As my weight restored, the sensations subsided.  

Also, don't become too inactive.  Get outside and get some sun.  Use your hands.  Be as active as you can.  I think sometimes we can become to inactive and it causes us to deteriorate in strange ways.  As we use certain parts of our bodies, our body then concentrates on healing what we used.

For example, early in my diagnosis, after being quite inactive, I decided to detail my car.  My wrists remained incredibly weak for a solid month.  It was so strange.  I also had tingling in some fingers...  But it as I kept getting off the couch, it kept getting better.  SLOWLY, but better.

***I don't know about the other Bs, but my B12 was actually high the last time they checked after being on extra B12 for about 6 months. I do need to get more excersize. Getting better at it, but still having bouts with fatigue. It's calmed down a bit now, but has been coming and going for a couple of weeks. Just been hoping it's not another form of something autoimmune:( ***

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: