Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Developing Weird Pins And Needles

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody had problems with pins and needles sensations? I can have them in my arms and legs, scalp or even face. The worse ones are in my right arm. The are recurring sharp pin pricks mostly in one spot. I scratch them and they go away for a bit. I don't seem to have any rash or skin problems in the areas it. happens. at times it even feels like it's all over...traveling. Driving me nuts.

Ads by Google:

Try adding some sublingual B12 to your vitamin regime.

That can be your B complex vitamins, yes.  I don't know your current weight but if you are on the lighter side, it may behoove you to increase your calorie intake.  Sounds strange, I know.  I have had some peculiar sensations myself when I was incredibly underweight for my height.  As my weight restored, the sensations subsided.  

Also, don't become too inactive.  Get outside and get some sun.  Use your hands.  Be as active as you can.  I think sometimes we can become to inactive and it causes us to deteriorate in strange ways.  As we use certain parts of our bodies, our body then concentrates on healing what we used.

For example, early in my diagnosis, after being quite inactive, I decided to detail my car.  My wrists remained incredibly weak for a solid month.  It was so strange.  I also had tingling in some fingers...  But it as I kept getting off the couch, it kept getting better.  SLOWLY, but better.

That can be your B complex vitamins, yes.  I don't know your current weight but if you are on the lighter side, it may behoove you to increase your calorie intake.  Sounds strange, I know.  I have had some peculiar sensations myself when I was incredibly underweight for my height.  As my weight restored, the sensations subsided.  

Also, don't become too inactive.  Get outside and get some sun.  Use your hands.  Be as active as you can.  I think sometimes we can become to inactive and it causes us to deteriorate in strange ways.  As we use certain parts of our bodies, our body then concentrates on healing what we used.

For example, early in my diagnosis, after being quite inactive, I decided to detail my car.  My wrists remained incredibly weak for a solid month.  It was so strange.  I also had tingling in some fingers...  But it as I kept getting off the couch, it kept getting better.  SLOWLY, but better.

***I don't know about the other Bs, but my B12 was actually high the last time they checked after being on extra B12 for about 6 months. I do need to get more excersize. Getting better at it, but still having bouts with fatigue. It's calmed down a bit now, but has been coming and going for a couple of weeks. Just been hoping it's not another form of something autoimmune:( ***