4 replies to this topic

#1 Veghead1234

Veghead1234

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I thought I saw someone on this forum mention that they had posted a review about a restaurant where they got sick. If there is a site where celiacs can post whether or not they got sick from eating supposedly gluten-free food at a restaurant, that would be very helpful! And, of course, if people can post when they DON'T get sick, that's very helpful too. Does anyone know if there's a site like that somewhere?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

It was me that posted!

I've used Yelp, but I am not aware of a dedicated Yelp site for gluten-free.  I've posted just one review about a local Chinese restaurant who goes out of their way to make gluten-free dishes for our family.  

I did use the "Find Me Gluten Free" website to post a review just this week concerning Red Robin.

I'm the person who did not have abdominal issues prior to my blood test.  Now, months later after being on a strict gluten-free diet, abdominal symptoms hit me hard (besides body aches, headaches, fatigue) after my recent restaurant glutening.  

When it's very nice restaurant and the chef and manager come out to talk to me, I feel pretty confident that my food will be gluten-free and chances for cross contamination will be low.  The same for burger joints (that sell only fries and burgers) where I can WATCH them change their gloves and make my burger!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think Find Me Gluten Free is your best resource for dining out, rather than yelp,

I post regularly on FMGF as do many others.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

MAn I just did a search and put in "Find me Gluten free" I cannot believe all the restaurants that are out there that have Gluten free menus of course I know some will be better than others , but now I can go visit some!! :)

I just got the App!! ohhh man is that NICE!!!! It will take you to everything Gluten free!! Absolutly LOVE it!!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#5 Veghead1234

Veghead1234

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the responses! I'll go look at "find me gluten free" before we try eating out again. It helps to know when people have already tried a place and NOT gotten sick so you can be pretty confident it's safe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: