Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

All Symptoms Point To Celiacs...

5 posts in this topic

I have had digestive issues for at least 6 years now. It has recently became a major life issue. I have diaharrea constantly unless I take something to control it, bloating, gas but no pain. There is also an urgency in my need to get to a bathroom.....a very big urgency. I have seen my regular doctor and was tested for celiacs, which came back negative. I have also had a colonoscopy, which gave no results. The symptoms I have seen for celiacs, are what I experience. I have an appointment at a large hospital near where I live to try and get some answers. Any input from anyone is welcome.

Ads by Google:

What about food allergies or intolerances (for example, eliminate all milk products from your diet)?  Parasites?  These also mimic Celiac Disease symptoms.  

Get tested for SIBO and h.Pylori! I found out that this may be causing symptoms in my case

If you have celiac and your antigens are "burned out" you may test negative on the blood tests. Did the tests include total IgA? Also, I don't believe a colonoscopy will tell you anything one way or the other about celiac. They have to see the upper small intestine. I'm glad you have the appointment for further evaluation. I bet they will schedule you for an upper endoscopy.

Thank you for all ofthat your responses!! I have tried cutting out dairy, tree nuts and other things with no results. I have had an allergy panel done and I am not allergic to a darn thing. Totally at a loss. My life based on where a bathroom is. My husband jokes that I should start a blog on the condition of bathrooms where ever we go. Fingers crossed that the doctors at U of M can help.