No replies to this topic

#1 ImaMiriam

ImaMiriam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

It's so helpful to have this Forum available for all of us. Yet, I keep asking myself, WHERE is the medical community? WHY does the medical community lack the information and support system -- WHY are we here online fending for ourselves?

Something about this really seems wrong to me. It's not as if I've solely depended upon doctors all my life (I'm 53). Yet, with all the very serious issues we Celiacs face and experience, there should be tons more support from the medical community. And it seems lacking!

Ok, I'm sorry for my negativity, it's just that I'm watching my daughter suffer, and this kills me!

To add to the list of gluten-free foods, here's one that I think is super: Breads from Anna (http://breadsfromanna.com). If you like baking, I believe these are some of the best bread mixes you'll find. It's all created in a strictly gluten-free environment because Anna is Celiac. What draws me to these mixes is that the ingredients include chia seeds, which are known to help with inflammation. My family loves this gluten-free bread more than any other we've tried. I hope you'll try them!

Me: various symptoms such as eczema throughout my life; HLA-DQ2 gene

Daughter: positive blood test and HLA-DQ2 gene; no biopsy. Gaining weight and grew taller since gluten-free; had been same weight for 2 years.

gluten-free since May 1

Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. Martin Luther King, jr.

Humankind will not perish for want of information; but only for want of appreciation. Abraham Joshua Heschel

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: