41 replies to this topic

#31 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

It did seem to be coated in butter!! Yea I think your right!! It also seemed to have some flavor on the skin .. So I am thinking it was cross contaminated or soaked in something to give it a really great flavor!! :) Next time I will just eat the steak and salad ...They have great steaks there! :)

Keep in mind if butter is an issue...  Steaks often have butter on them.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

I just had a thought!! I don't think it is butter that bothered me. I think I may have been glutened. I say this because Hubbs and I went out for our Anniversary and we went somewhere with seafood. I Had all you can eat Crab legs and they bring out a tub of butter!! Ohh yea !! I ate tons of butter!! I did not have a reaction. That was b4 the potato incident. Days b4 the potato incident.  I think the potato was cross contaminated from the other restaurant. That is the only thing "now" I can think of. Because my Daughter cooked with butter and I had no prob. I went and ate sea food and no problem (lots of butter) so The potato must of been cross contaminated .....Well then!! 

Could be.  Don't know if it still holds true but somewhere on here in the past, someone posted that the margarine at Outback is not safe because it contains gluten.  And they coat the potatoes with that.

#33 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Seems they are always sneaking something in somewhere huh? I will probably get to a point I will eat a salad with no dressing no cheese, no croutons lol... I'll just take a plain bowl of lettuce please TY :) lol 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#34 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

Could be.  Don't know if it still holds true but somewhere on here in the past, someone posted that the margarine at Outback is not safe because it contains gluten.  And they coat the potatoes with that.

Outback do not use margarine. They use real butter, and there is no gluten in it.

The seasoning they use on their vegetables contains both gluten and butter.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#35 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hence the reason I am getting afraid to eat veggies at restaurants ....

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#36 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hence the reason I am getting afraid to eat veggies at restaurants ....

But Outback tells you that - on the gluten-free menu. If you order from the gluten-free menu, they won't put the gluten on your veggies. Yes.....there is always a risk someone will screw up but Outback is one of the safest places for gluten-free.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#37 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

I haven't eaten in Outback in years!! Well since they took out their Queensland Salad off the menu !! Ughhh yea it ticked me off!! I LOVED that salad!

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#38 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

What's Outback?  And what's a Queensland Salad?

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#39 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

What's Outback?  And what's a Queensland Salad?

Outback Steakhouse is a restaurant chain primarily in the USA. It was one of the first to explicitly cater to people needing a gluten-free diet. I'm not familiar with the Queensland Salad and as w8in4dave said, it is not on the current menu.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#40 come dance with me

come dance with me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks.  I live in outback Queensland lol, thought it might have been something over here :)

Lord please give me patience, because if you give me strength, I may just beat the living crap out of someone...

#41 cherries

cherries

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

Is there powdered soy milk?

Yes you might have to look at a health food store though.

Gluten free since 2013.

#42 iloathegluten

iloathegluten

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Possibly the fat content? I personally have issues with dairy fat in addition to lactose, so maybe the culprit was that? I tolerate any dairy that's low lactose, low fat with no issues at all, so I assume I'm a-okay with casein, but cream, butter, ice cream, etc. give me horrible abdominal craps to the point it does feel like I've been glutened. I always have issues with any high fat meals, but dairy fat seems to be an even worse offender than other sources of fat for whatever reason... I swear I'm dairy fat intolerant to the level people are casein intolerant.

Sorry to butt in. It seems like you've already figured out the problem, but I thought I'd offer one more suggestion in case you were still wondering!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: