3 replies to this topic

#1 MichLab

MichLab

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

I need some help in finding a gluten free at home hair dye kit.  I have called up all the major companies asking them to help but they all say take list to your doctor. Yes - i am sure my doctor knows what every ingredient in hair dye is and wants to spend time with me picking out hair color - NOT!!!  Does anybody have any thoughts/knowledge on this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 StephanieL

StephanieL

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

Gluten is not absorbed through the skin. Is there some reason you are concerned about hair dye?

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

I don't worry about hair dye. It's not likely to get in my mouth like shampoo in the shower. It's not an every day thing like a shampoo might be.

There are a few dyes, shampoos and conditioners that clearly state wheat germ oil....I don't remember which. So read the labels. They are darn proud of that poison seed juice ( wheat germ oil) and will proudly list it.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:01 AM

Garnier Nutritioness (I think that is spelled right) is gluten free as most of their hair products. They will clearly label gluten ingredients. I touch my hair a lot so I personally prefer my hair care products as well as all body products to be gluten free.

There are others that are also safe so a board search should bring up more brands.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: