Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins

4 posts in this topic

Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins

Serves: 24

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (see note)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup apple sauce
  • 8 oz. package cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans) or pumpkin seeds to top (optional)

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup white sugar until light. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, spices, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, 1 cup white sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and apple sauce.
  5. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
  6. Fill muffin tins (greased or lined with paper cups) half full. Put 1-2 tsp cream cheese mixture in the middle, pressing down slightly.
  7. Sprinkle with 1 tsp chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds.
  8. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes clean from the muffin part (do not touch the cream cheese, it is very hot!).
  9. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.

Notes
The flour blend is 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.

Ads by Google:

these sound delicious!  thank you - thanksgiving is right around the corner and i'm always looking for a pumpkin pie alternative  :)

i think denise likes to bake..........  not sure..........    :lol:    :P

these sound delicious!  thank you - thanksgiving is right around the corner and i'm always looking for a pumpkin pie alternative   :)

i think denise likes to bake..........  not sure..........    :lol:    :P

You will love these, they are awesome...yes I love to bake especially muffins and cupcakes. I am the only gluten-free eater in our home so I bake some of my stuff in muffin tins and freeze.   :P

I love me some pumpkin anything, and since I can't go running off to every shake shop in town this will be a great alternative. Of course, I make a killer pumpkin pie shake at home and as soon as it stops being a bazillion degrees every day we can start having them again. Not sure why, it just feels wrong to have pumpkin anything while its hot out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Marip, Have you been diagnosed with celiac disease or Non-celiac Gluten Intolerance?  I notice you joined in 2014.  Did you ever go guten free?  How can we help?   Sorry, I'm not a stool expert!  You could Google it...  Malabsorption?  Standard lab tests that check for anemia and vitamin deficiencies, etc.  should help make that diagnosis.  
    • You can eat just a slice or two (or equivalent) of bread a day for accurate testing.   I understand about the high deductibles.  We're self-employed and we pay for our health insurance. 
    • Sure, if it's gluten free, then fine.  I am very allergic (like anaphylactic) to ibuprofen and aspirin.  So, in my case, I would just tough it out.  Go to bed.  Sleep it off.....eventually. My money is on the garlic and onions.  I can't consume those either (damn that zonulin/leaky gut -- google it along with Dr. Fasano).  I just season with salt, pepper.  Boring.  But no gut issues.  I'm hoping like my lactose intolerance (resolved), that I will get garlic and onions back.   Finally, sometimes just eating anything can hurt when you still have intestinal damage.  Hopefully, you'll feel better in two or three hours if it's celiac related.  Longer if it's an intolerance (leaky gut thing....) Hugs!      
    • I read on their website that all Advil is gluten free, I had such bad pinching cramping today(which I don't why since I prepared all my food at home today.) I made a pot roast, salt garlic, onions...No gluten but still pain, That's the only thing I ate today..I don't eat breakfast or anything.   Anyways.   Is it a good idea to take Advil for the cramping? That's how I would describe it like someone is reaching inside me and pinching me and twisting my insides.    This is what I took  
    • I'll give my PCP a call tomorrow and see what they can offer. My only worry is the expense as anymore tests will put me behind in being able to afford to see the GI. I have high deductible insurance but get money put into my HSA. I'm still trying to pay off the CT scan though. Which is why I'm trying to pick and choose which poses the greatest risk for me right now and what can wait. (Though I would prefer not to wait on any of it.)

I really do hope its only IBS. Though I always worry IBS is more or less a doctors way of saying "I have no clue" at that point. :C

Again, I'll be sure to give my PCP a call tomorrow then and see what the options are. I can feel a lot better trying the blood work first. however, once that is done, do I still need to be on a gluten diet before the endoscopy? Also, is it ok if I still mildly reduce the gluten. As in, can I avoid a whole wheat pasta dinner, but still be eating the peanut butter crackers? That sort of thing. Again I guess that is more of a doctor related question. I just wasn't sure if in order to raise your chance, you have to mass consume gluten or not. (Its already in just about everything to begin with.)   --Edit--
      I just now reread the part that you still need to be on the gluten foods even for biopsy so I'll be sure to do that too.

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Britliac