Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Noodles In The Microwave

8 posts in this topic

I attempted to cook some gluten-free noodles in the microwave today because I REALLY wanted some alfredo.  Well the noodles got all goopy and had white creamy stuff all over them and tasted pretty nasty.  I wasted like half the package :(

I got a microwavable container and added my noodles and water and them stuck them in the microwave for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.  What did I do wrong? Or do I just have to cook these noodles on a stove top?

I live in a dorm and we do have a stove, but all the pots are missing so I thought I'd try this.  Anybody have any ideas?

Ads by Google:

I attempted to cook some gluten-free noodles in the microwave today because I REALLY wanted some alfredo.  Well the noodles got all goopy and had white creamy stuff all over them and tasted pretty nasty.  I wasted like half the package :(

I got a microwavable container and added my noodles and water and them stuck them in the microwave for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.  What did I do wrong? Or do I just have to cook these noodles on a stove top?

I live in a dorm and we do have a stove, but all the pots are missing so I thought I'd try this.  Anybody have any ideas?

what type of gluten free noodles?

What size of container?

what type of gluten free noodles?

What size of container?

They are the heartland gluten free noodles and the container is one of those deep tupperware containers

I am not to sure what heartland noodles are.. Are they rice noodles? Potato noodles? There are a few more out there. I have found the Rice noodles are better than any other kind... just my opinion ... They 1st time I cooked gluten-free noodles it was disgusting also!! It was mushy , absorbed all the sauce making it more mushy .. Bleekkk!! Yukkk .. These Rice noodles are very good and they can be a bit over cooked , and still be good! Try Rice noodles. I have never cooked any noodles in the microwave. I cannot imagine ...

I am not to sure what heartland noodles are.. Are they rice noodles? Potato noodles? There are a few more out there. I have found the Rice noodles are better than any other kind... just my opinion ... They 1st time I cooked gluten-free noodles it was disgusting also!! It was mushy , absorbed all the sauce making it more mushy .. Bleekkk!! Yukkk .. These Rice noodles are very good and they can be a bit over cooked , and still be good! Try Rice noodles. I have never cooked any noodles in the microwave. I cannot imagine ...

I must respectfully disagree. I find the corn/quinoa noodles not only better, but they are far more forgiving than rice noodles. Plus you don't have to rinse them.

At any rate, the noodles, from what i looked up and i might be wrong, are a mix of corn and rice noodles. This is what i looked at http://www.amazon.com/Heartland-Gluten-Free-Spaghetti-12-Ounce/dp/B003TRFU06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378517673&sr=8-1&keywords=heartland+noodles

Are you using enough water?

I haven't cooked gluten-free noodles in the microwave, but back when i used to cook gluten-y noodles in the microwave, i found if i didn't use enough water, then they never came out quite right.

I've not tried gluten-free noodles but the gloopyness (looked like wallpaper paste yuk!) happened to me when I cooked gluten-free pasta in a pan until I found out I was supposed to put it in boiling water (not cold) and then simmer. I don't know if its the same with noodles.

I must respectfully disagree. I find the corn/quinoa noodles not only better, but they are far more forgiving than rice noodles. Plus you don't have to rinse them.

At any rate, the noodles, from what i looked up and i might be wrong, are a mix of corn and rice noodles. This is what i looked at http://www.amazon.com/Heartland-Gluten-Free-Spaghetti-12-Ounce/dp/B003TRFU06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378517673&sr=8-1&keywords=heartland+noodles

Are you using enough water?

I haven't cooked gluten-free noodles in the microwave, but back when i used to cook gluten-y noodles in the microwave, i found if i didn't use enough water, then they never came out quite right.

I have never tried the corn/quinoa noodles, I have tried I think it was potato noodles. Those were gross. I have these Rice noodles and I made a pasta salad with them and no one even knew they were Gluten free, My daughter even said "Mom I cannot even believe you are eating that. Because she could not believe they were Gluten free. So I kinda stuck with that. I will have to try the  corn/quinoa noodles. 

I've not tried gluten-free noodles but the gloopyness (looked like wallpaper paste yuk!) happened to me when I cooked gluten-free pasta in a pan until I found out I was supposed to put it in boiling water (not cold) and then simmer. I don't know if its the same with noodles.

With the noodles I cook yes it is the same.