Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Does Reputation Mean?

4 posts in this topic

I'm pretty new and just saw I had 4 neutral "points" what does this mean?

Why do some of my posts have a green 1 by them?

Just wondering

Ads by Google:

Your reputation is is visible to everyone. It is zero when you first become a member.

In each post, there is a little box on the right side, under the body, but above the signature (if any). When the post is first made, the box is grey and contains the number zero (0).

Other members can also see a green square to the left of that box, with an arrow in it pointing up. If a member wishes to, they can click the box with the arrow to express their approval. Doing so will increase the number in the box, and the box will turn green showing the number of votes. A member can only vote once per post, and never on their own posts.

Each vote is counted twice: once on the post where it is made, and once in the profile of the person who made that post. That counter is the member's reputation.

So, in your case, four plus votes have been made. They could all be on one post, or could be spread around.

ok thank you, so neutral doesn't mean I've done something wrong? It just changes with more votes?

it goes on your Permanent Record.  and you'll never get into a Decent College  ^_^ (j/k!)

you haven't done anything wrong, in fact, if you have votes, you must be doing something right :)