Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Tried 'celiac Support' Supplement From Pioneer?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mum in Norway

Mum in Norway

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

I orderd it from iHerb, thinking maybe it woult help me feel better sooner. But I am starting to suspect that it is actually upsetting my stomach. Some days I get really bloated, nauseous and have D, and other days I feel so good, better than ever. I think there is a pattern, that the days I feel so good is the same days that I forget to take the supplement in the morning (it is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach, so I take it early in the morning).

Has anyone tried this stuff? Is it any good, or is it actually making me ill? If so, why?

I'm sure you'll find the ingredient list if you google it, I don't have it with me now

When I get sad, I stop beeing sad and be awesome insted.

True story.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

You might want to drop it for a couple weeks and then take it every day and watch for a reaction. Even though it is formulated for people with celiac there may be something else in it that just does not agree with your system.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 Mum in Norway

Mum in Norway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

Thanks, yes I think I'll do that.

When I get sad, I stop beeing sad and be awesome insted.

True story.

#4 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

The only ones I see there are detox "Comprehensive Cleanse" I would assume thats why the D.  I have never taken them but after having D for years , I surely would not take something that would give it to me.  I wonder what it supports? 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: