2 replies to this topic

#1 Rowena

Rowena

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'm thinking I might do it... Working is just plain too much with my anxiety.  I'm told if you have anxiety you can get it...  My anxiety is quite severe, and I just have a hard time living life AND working, and I'm not even working all that much anymore, and its not even something I enjoy.  I want to start an at home craft business thing, since that's something I can do on MY schedule, I'm good at, and I enjoy.  But with being a mom, and a wife, with my anxiety, I never have the strength to do what needs doing around the house, I don't go to church anymore because I'm too overwhelmed, and I can't keep on top of my health...

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:33 AM

Are you seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist?  If not ask your doctor for referral to one. There is help for severe anxiety that may enable you to live a more normal life. If you are going to apply for disability seeing a doctor and trying to get help with it is going to be your first step.

Be prepared as applying for a getting disability is not an easy process. People are often denied first and having a disability lawyer might help the process if you can't overcome the anxiety with medical help.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 Loey

Loey

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

I'm thinking I might do it... Working is just plain too much with my anxiety.  I'm told if you have anxiety you can get it...  My anxiety is quite severe, and I just have a hard time living life AND working, and I'm not even working all that much anymore, and its not even something I enjoy.  I want to start an at home craft business thing, since that's something I can do on MY schedule, I'm good at, and I enjoy.  But with being a mom, and a wife, with my anxiety, I never have the strength to do what needs doing around the house, I don't go to church anymore because I'm too overwhelmed, and I can't keep on top of my health...

I did. I was turned down the first time and went through a reputable disability attorney for the appeal. It went right through & I got retroactive benefits. It was worth every penny I gave the lawyer! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: