2 replies to this topic

#1 LJR

LJR

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

How may people here have Gastritus, duodemitis, and esophageal erosion.
Did you GI doctor say it was from food intoleranc? Has anyone gotten better after they have
been gluten free for a while? I have been off gluten, dary and soy for almost a year, things are
much better but every so often my stomach starts giving me problems and I have painful attacks. My doctor
just ordered a EGD and found these issues. Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Do you have all the results from the EGD? 

My daughter has been diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitus showed gastritus and esophageal erosion (furrows, strictures, and a lot of damage to the esophagus looked like ulcers. ~ but the eosinophils count is part of the pathology report)

If you can determine any foods "trigger" the damage you can avoid it and lessen the damage.  We did determine eggs, fish, shellfish, and peas are "triggers" for the EE.  Allergy testing was not helpful and she had to be on an elimination diet.  (It took about 2 years because eosinophils can stay actively damaging healthy tissue for 12 days and choosing times for possible reaction to a challenge is hard.  In the long run ~ eliminating triggers kept her off of a feeding tube!

Michigan

#3 LJR

LJR

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten the report yet. I hope your daughter is ok now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: