DX'd June 17th 2013

#3 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I will go through all my flours in the freezer to see whether I have this. I use sorghum regularly but rarely do I use BRM.

Thanks for posting!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#4 GFM

GFM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

I emailed Bob's Red Mill about the recall.  Here was the response.

"On Tuesday, September 10, 2013, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency reported that a random test of Bob's Red Mill Sweet White Sorghum Flour (623 g / Lot 150772 / Sell By: 11/07/2014 / UPC: 0 33978 30642 5) was found to contain 32 parts per million of undeclared gluten. The product was tested for gluten to the company's 20 parts per million standard for all Gluten Free products in its in-house laboratory before, during and after production.  At each point in the process the product was found to be well below the Canadian Food Inspection Agency's standard, which is also a maximum of 20 parts per million.

When the Canadian Food Inspection Agency reported its findings, Bob's Red Mill was very surprised and immediately had samples from the same lot tested both internally and by an accredited 3rd party laboratory. Both tests showed the product to be below 20 parts per million. Despite those confirmations of the gluten free status of the lot of Sweet White Sorghum Flour in question, Bob's Red Mill has opted to voluntarily withdraw all retail packages of the product from Canadian sources to preserve peace of mind of our loyal, gluten free customers.

We have requested that the CFIA retest their sample for accuracy since our tests on this specific lot confirm that it is gluten free per the 20 parts per million standard. The Gluten Free Sorghum Flour we sell to Canada is the same as the US product. 

Regards,

Yvonne Fyan

Customer Service Manager

Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods

Ph# 971 206 2217"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: