5 replies to this topic

#1 Macmuireadhaigh

Macmuireadhaigh

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

So, I'm undiagnosed. I've had loose stools for about 8 years, getting procedures done soon. I have a question, normally I have no pain at all. But the other night when I was laying down, I had to get up to go use the rest room and when I did I had a sharp pain in my my lower right area, like my appendix area. It didn't happen again after that. I tried pushing on it to see if maybe there was something going on, but nothing. This was like four nights ago. Then tonight I'm sitting around and if I bend a certain way, or sit a certain way, I get these vague and very unpredictable sharp pains, but they are so mild and go away so fast that I don't know what to think. Do celiacs get pain in this area or is it just people with ibd? And has anyone else had pain in this area?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

When I am accidentally Glutened it is more towards the lower middle. Like a fist sized in my lower gut, so painful I cannot even walk. It stops me right in my tracks. Then subsides after I go to the restroom. Of course always D when I have been Glutened! But it is unbearable pain. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Some celiacs have gall bladder damage which can cause pain.  Pretty sure that's on the lower right below the liver.  Greasy foods may increase the pain if it is gall bladder related.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Some celiacs have gall bladder damage which can cause pain.  Pretty sure that's on the lower right below the liver.  Greasy foods may increase the pain if it is gall bladder related.

Gallbladder sits in the upper right of the abdomen, right below the ribcage.

#5 Macmuireadhaigh

Macmuireadhaigh

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yea, this is down lower like my appendix area, but I know its not my appendix because I can press on it with no pain.

#6 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

It can still be your appendix. I didn't have sharp pain when mine was taken out. It was lower pain they poked and prodded and it didn't hurt. I guess the blood test was enuf to tell them It was appendicitis so be careful..... You may want to go see a doc. I also had my Gallbladder out. It is upper right below the ribcage as shadowicewolf said. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: