Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

King Arthur Brownie Mix - Yum!

5 posts in this topic

I grabbed a box at the store yesterday so I could make something quick to bring to a BBQ.   I haven't had a lot of brownies since going gluten-free, but these were really good, and fudgy (not dry like some of the others).  I would definitely recommend them for times when you want some dessert, but don't have a lot of time (or energy) to spend making something from scratch.  

Ads by Google:

Add a little package of Nescafe Instant Coffee to your mix for a real treat! It really boosts the chocolate flavor and during my gluten days folks used to rave about my brownies (whether using a mix or from scratch).  

I haven't tried King Arthur yet (not in the stores where I shop), but I'm going to start looking.....

Thanks!  

I second this, King Arthur Flour gluten-free brownie mix was the first thing I made when I went gluten-free, I think I lucked out because it makes the best, moist fugdy brownies and the texture is exactly like it is supposed to be.  Mmmmmmmm....

Also, don't ruin your chocolate by adding coffee to it, just saying.... >.<  (Personal preference, I know, hehe)

i did not add any coffee (though i might in the future for a twist), but i did add a handful of 'enjoy life' chocolate chips.  you can never have too much chocolate :)

Ha!  I agree!   :lol: