This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cold Snowy Winter Comin'............ Git Ready

Candy

mommida Enthusiast

Still waiting for the snow piles to melt!  (tapping foot arms crossed~Hrrmmpppphh!)

It is supposed to snow this weekend......

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nvsmom Community Regular

You must be East of here (the Dakotas). We had snow Sunday night, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. But I'm happy to tell you the SUN is out today!!! And it's supposed to warm up to the 50's by tomorrow!!

So hang on, it's coming. (<- Hopeful words from the Land of Eternal Winter.)

We're west of you ... and north - Alberta.

It did not snow today. Not once!!! Yeah!

• 2 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

6 cm of snow in the forecast for tonight. So done with this winter. Where is spring?

cahill Collaborator

it was 75*  here on Sunday and they are predicting snow today ( Tuesday )  Really I mean REALLY :angry:

GF Lover Rising Star

When I put out all the patio furniture this weekend I had no idea there would be snow on the ground this morning.  I guess it will be May before I can go to a Nursery and get flowers.  I love the first snow of the season but am ready to kill with this (hopefully) last snow.

Adalaide Mentor

Last night it was about 34 out while we stood out at 1 in the morning and watched the lunar eclipse peak. We live in a dessert, so spring means that nights are still positively frigid. Two nights ago while we were up late playing games together we suddenly heard a pattering on the window, which was weird because we're in the basement. That pattering suddenly was pounding with howling wind. We had to run out to rescue our newly planted seeds from a horrid hail storm at nearly 2 in the morning. The wind was so bad that I had to lean all my weight into the door over the knob to get it to close. 

Hopefully spring is going to get around to sticking around for everyone soon. The bright side here is that at least the fruit trees still seem to have all (or at least most) of their buds. Last year most were lost in a really awful late frost and it was really bad for the orchard owners. Looks like they escaped a tragedy a second year in a row.

mommida Enthusiast

We had a really nasty hail storm on Saturday.  My brother still doesn't have power back yet.  Then we were hit with high winds and I lost power for a day.  Today we have about 3 inches and off and on snow showers.

(I think I have run out of cuss words at this point!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

We had 85 here yesterday and freezing with a possibility of flakiness here (DC) this morning.   At least it is warming up again today.  Cherry blossoms are flying all over the place, landing in the back yard etc.

Here's a link for an idea on coloring Easter eggs with herb leaves.  And it's on a chicken site for the chicken lovers out there.

Open Original Shared Link

nvsmom Community Regular

It's been snowing off and on this past week but it stopped snowing two days ago so my boys were able to do their Easter egg hunt outside. It got up to about 12C today... not bad.  Our snowman is standing on just grass now.  LOL

We have crocuses blooming now, and tulips are poking their heads out of the ground... spring will come one day. Hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
nvsmom Community Regular

It's been snowing for 24 hours now.... If it hadn't been 20C recently (just two freaking days ago) the accumulation would have been well over 8 inches, but as it was we still have 4-6 inches of snow... and we still had to shovel our driveway.

I am so ready for spring! The trees are finally starting to bud, well some of them are anyways.  LOL

Hopefully it will have melted before my kids play soccer on Tuesday.  :rolleyes:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I actually got a sunburn today, well wind/sun burn, being out in the warm, very windy day for four hours.

It's mild, but it's there! Sorry it's still snowing up in Canoehead Land. :rolleyes:  Heeheehee..... I think maybe

we should decide as a race, to stop living in places that don't make sense. Like, California. And New

Orleans. And the South Pole.

GFinDC Veteran

No snow here, 70's and 80's lately.   Here's a sign of spring for sure.  Boids at the feeder web cam.  Don't forget to enable the sound on the lower left side of video screen.

And this one has some boids on chart you can click to identify their songs.  Takes bit to load tho.

Archived