This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cold Snowy Winter Comin'............ Git Ready

Candy

love2travel Mentor

Still nice and warm here in Croatia. Lush and very, very green. Back in Canada? Not so much...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adalaide Mentor

You'll probably have a crust of ice on your windows when you get back! I can't figure out why you don't just stay in Croatia. A perfect paradise sure sounds better than living in a freezer box. 

Loey Rising Star

So sorry you're already getting hit with snow. It's cold in RI & that's caused the foliage to be lackluster. Lots of bare trees already. Praying the snow doesn't cause power outages or other bad conditions for you! Those of you in warmer climates have the right idea!

love2travel Mentor

You'll probably have a crust of ice on your windows when you get back! I can't figure out why you don't just stay in Croatia. A perfect paradise sure sounds better than living in a freezer box.

Starting next May we will be living here and cannot wait. Just one more icky winter to get through!!! There is a lot of residency red tape and such to get through but it will be so worth it in the end.
IrishHeart Veteran

Starting next May we will be living here and cannot wait. Just one more icky winter to get through!!! There is a lot of residency red tape and such to get through but it will be so worth it in the end.

And I keep telling Love2 that May will be here before she knows it.

And soon, she will be living in her Paradise. Yaaay!! :)

I hate to report this, because I am not trying to be  a wiseguy-- honest--

but every day is a lovely sunny 80-something (NO humidity) and the lows are 71.

• 2 weeks later...
KnightRobby Enthusiast

I used to live in Indiana.  I moved to Arizona to get away from the snow.  Now all I have is dust and a severe case of chronic hayfever.  So much fun.  I wasn't expecting that.  Still, I really hated the snow and truly understand what a pain it can be!

• 3 weeks later...
love2travel Mentor

Sorry to hear of your hayfever. Not a great trade, is it?

So, we have had tons of snow on the ground for two weeks. Three blizzards with rain between so the streets are polished thick ice. Our coldest temp has been -22C thus far...soooooooooooo relieved this is our last Canadian winter!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Well a cold front moved through here and we were down to a frigid 79 on Wednesday.

I actually saw some people with leather jackets or hoodies and sweats on.

Really, people?

IT'S 79!!! I'm still sitting on the beach for crying out loud.

Good thing it went back up to 82 yesterday or these peeps would have been cranking up the heat.

Can't wait until my blood thins out like that. 

GF Lover Rising Star

Well a cold front moved through here and we were down to a frigid 79 on Wednesday.

Really, people?

Good thing it went back up to 82 yesterday or these peeps would have been cranking up the heat.

Ha.  My Mom has lived in Hawaii around 10 years now and when they visit me in Ohio in August the heat, which really effects me poorly, has no effect on them and if the temperature drops below 80 they are reaching for a throw :lol:

Colleen

shadowicewolf Proficient

Really, people?

:lol: yep

Adalaide Mentor

Really, people?

Haha. I was talking to my daughter yesterday in AR and it was mid-60s there. She had to go outside and was getting a coat. Not a jacket, a COAT!!! I'd be out in a freakin t-shirt. And my kids both wish it snowed more. They'd probably both freeze to death.

We had snow yesterday. Instead of the overnight snow that melts away first thing we had snow all day long. It was sitting right around 33-34 though so it melted off the roads and only stuck on the grass. Perfect. ^_^ It'll be gone today though. Mid 40s which isn't even jacket weather with the sun out, just long sleeves.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Haha. I was talking to my daughter yesterday in AR and it was mid-60s there. She had to go outside and was getting a coat. Not a jacket, a COAT!!! I'd be out in a freakin t-shirt. And my kids both wish it snowed more. They'd probably both freeze to death.

We had snow yesterday. Instead of the overnight snow that melts away first thing we had snow all day long. It was sitting right around 33-34 though so it melted off the roads and only stuck on the grass. Perfect. ^_^ It'll be gone today though. Mid 40s which isn't even jacket weather with the sun out, just long sleeves.

Being used to really hot temps, then going to a place with a really cold winter is not fun.

Adalaide Mentor

Psh, they lived in PA before they moved. They should consider AR a tropical paradise in comparison!

nvsmom Community Regular

LOL Ah geez! Our country's hot spots are in BC and it's cool and rainy there now.  

It was -20C today. I think that's about 80F less than you have down there, Irish! LOL  Winter has moved in.  :ph34r: <-- Forget ninja, dude is wearing a balaclava!

GF Lover Rising Star

Gosh, snow on the ground last week and tornados last night.  I believe Mother Nature has "brain fog". 

Colleen

shadowicewolf Proficient

Indeed. 50s and 60s for the past week and perhaps some snow later this week :ph34r:

mommida Enthusiast

I seriously regret not putting on my long johns today.  (But you see yesterday it was 58 degrees)  The wind today is just bitter!  I've been chest deep in snow and felt warmer.

bartfull Rising Star

It was 60 yesterday and in the upper 50's earlier today. The temperature has just plummeted and it's supposed to rain/snow. They are warning that the roads will become icy quickly. I'll be heading home the minute it starts to precipitate. Supposed to be in the lower teens tonight and zero tomorrow night. By Saturday they say it'll be back in the 40's. Rollercoaster weather!

shadowicewolf Proficient

It was 60 yesterday and in the upper 50's earlier today. The temperature has just plummeted and it's supposed to rain/snow. They are warning that the roads will become icy quickly. I'll be heading home the minute it starts to precipitate. Supposed to be in the lower teens tonight and zero tomorrow night. By Saturday they say it'll be back in the 40's. Rollercoaster weather!

Yep, about the same here. Not expecting much snow.

bartfull Rising Star

Yeah, they're saying 2 to 4 here but MAN!!! it's COLD!! Really windy too.

love2travel Mentor

Come on over! It is -27 and windchill -36.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Come on over! It is -27 and windchill -36.

no thank you... :ph34r:

Adalaide Mentor

We've got cold and wet, but no snow. It's been drizzly and chilly for a few days and it looks to keep up with the same nonsense, only getting outright cold. Today it won't get much above 40, if it hits that at all. I'm fine with 40 in the sun but with drizzles? It's outright frigid! After I do a second kidney bean trial if things go well I'll officially have them and winter will be looking a little more appealing with chili in my future. Especially on days like today.  :)

shadowicewolf Proficient

We've got cold and wet, but no snow. It's been drizzly and chilly for a few days and it looks to keep up with the same nonsense, only getting outright cold. Today it won't get much above 40, if it hits that at all. I'm fine with 40 in the sun but with drizzles? It's outright frigid! After I do a second kidney bean trial if things go well I'll officially have them and winter will be looking a little more appealing with chili in my future. Especially on days like today.  :)

Lucky... its really cold with about 2 inches on the ground.

Adalaide Mentor

Lucky... its really cold with about 2 inches on the ground.

This is going to sounds stupid, but I wouldn't mind a little snow right now. It feels warmer with snow than it does with cold and rain. 

Archived