Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cold Snowy Winter Comin'............ Git Ready

337 posts in this topic

Wishing you all a safe, dry, warm Thanksgiving surrounded by those you hold most dear. Praying that the weather improves for everyone!!!

Loey

Ads by Google:

Well, there's a front coming through. We're only supposed to get an inch or so but the temperature is going to plummet. It's about 55 degrees right now, but the rest of the week is supposed to be in the low teens on some days, single digits on others, and as low as 10 below at night. PLUS we're supposed to get 35 MPH winds for the next few days.

And I have a shipment of guitars coming in on Thursday! A high of 8 degrees and a low of minus 10! Guitars BREAK in cold weather. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Well, there's a front coming through. We're only supposed to get an inch or so but the temperature is going to plummet. It's about 55 degrees right now, but the rest of the week is supposed to be in the low teens on some days, single digits on others, and as low as 10 below at night. PLUS we're supposed to get 35 MPH winds for the next few days.

And I have a shipment of guitars coming in on Thursday! A high of 8 degrees and a low of minus 10! Guitars BREAK in cold weather. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

8 degrees on thursday here as well.... :ph34r:

Face it.  It's just friggin cold  :angry:  If I'm gonna be shivering my ASSets off then I want SNOW !!

The cold front isn't hitting us until later tonight but it's coming here too. We got snow first. Because it's two fronts mixing they told us that they couldn't predict snowfall. I woke up to 4 inches and it's still coming down. It won't be above freezing today, and it won't get out of the twenties for the foreseeable future. I know I grew up in PA where it snows, then snows more and more and more and just keeps piling up but I'm spoiled now. When it snows it melts away within a few days at the longest and I'm just not used to this snow + cold thing anymore.

My son ended up with some minor frostbite (frost nip) the other day when he was shovelling a neighbour's driveway at the tail end of the last blizzard. It was only -20 then but the wind was gusting up to 80km/h so the windchill was a factor. We only got about half a foot of snow but the drifts were pretty cool... well not cool to dig through. You know the type where you have to dig out the top, the middle and then the last shovel full you finally see pavement?  My arms were stiff for a couple of days.... I do enjoy shovelling though.  :rolleyes:

Today my FIL, who lives 20 minutes west us us in the foothills, thought his thermometer was broken because it said -39C... That about the same in farenheit isn't it?  LOL It wasn't quite -30C at our place.

It's not even winter yet!

-20 at my house this morning with a wind chill advisory. Probably about -30 with the wind. And I don't have a furnace! Mine broke so I'm using space heaters (electric radiators). I have five of them going and most of the house closed off, but it was only 53 in there this morning. Not bad when you're moving around but when you first get up and sit drinking coffee, it's mighty chilly. And getting out of the shower is excruciating. I couldn't wait to get to work where it's warm.

But what really bothers me is, they're having a stupid Christmas parade tonight!!! All the floats are lit up. It starts at 6PM. People are going to drag their kids out and lots of them will get frostbite. They SHOULD postpone it, but they haven't yet. Next week it's going to go back into the 40's/20's. WHY doesn't SOMEBODY use their brain??!!!!

It got up to 13 yesterday. Today it's supposed to be up to the low or mid 20s. Woohoo? Taking advantage of the "warmer" of the days we're getting and doing my grocery shopping today. At least I can hit more than one store buying frozen things and not have to come back home. :D We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow.

I agree they should cancel the parade but you know how dense some people are. And to add to the stupidity of still having the parade, parents will be out with their kids anyway, cold or not. There are going to be some frozen fingers, toes and noses. How sad. :(

If you want to experience real cold, you are welcome to visit me! It is currently -32 but the windchill is a dangerous -47. It truly is painfully cold and frostbite can occur in 90 seconds on exposed skin. I am not exactly liking this! Darned stupid dumb winter!!!

If you want to experience real cold, you are welcome to visit me! It is currently -32 but the windchill is a dangerous -47. It truly is painfully cold and frostbite can occur in 90 seconds on exposed skin. I am not exactly liking this! Darned stupid dumb winter!!!

That is just crazy.   Too cold for human or beast to be outside.  I hope you've got a nice fire going with some delicious beverage.  Sorry your back is hurting so bad.  Take care.

Colleen

82. sunny.  B) ah.

I have forgotten what thats like.  Send Pics  :P

Colleen 

Love2....just count down the days to Croatia.

Just saw Colleen say" Sorry to hear your back is bad" :(  

My eyes fill up every time

I hear that because I know how much it hurts ...sorry hunny. Hugs xx

That is just crazy.   Too cold for human or beast to be outside.  I hope you've got a nice fire going with some delicious beverage.  Sorry your back is hurting so bad.  Take care.

Colleen

I am about to enjoy Mexican hot cocoa with a wondrous murder mystery.  :) 

My SI joint shifted according to my chiro and now my body is extra tender.  This extreme weather really exacerbates this pain, too.  My husband is out of town but will be arriving home in five hours.  Not that I'm counting or anything...

Love2....just count down the days to Croatia.

Just saw Colleen say" Sorry to hear your back is bad" :(

My eyes fill up every time

I hear that because I know how much it hurts ...sorry hunny. Hugs xx

Oh, Irish, you know more than most how debilitating this can be.  I was sooooooooooo hoping going gluten free would help but it hasn't one little bit.  Still having massage, acupuncture, cupping, etc.  I honestly feel this weather is making things worse.  Oh, man, I cannot wait to be in Croatia!  Not long now...   :)

82. sunny.  B) ah.

You just never mind!  There is rather a marked difference in our temperatures, what?

You just never mind!  There is rather a marked difference in our temperatures, what?

I would say so, dear girl. I just could not do another long winter in NY. Just could not do it. 

I hope you feel better soon. I did a series of exercises for my SI joint...I trust the chiro gave you some?

Just recall how much better you felt a few months ago while you were away.

It will come back to you!.

Hang in there honey. I wish I could take that pain away. I am sure the cold weather is not helping things.

Damn inflammation. damn damn damn

Yep,

The wind is what makes it worse....

Yep,

The wind is what makes it worse....

So true! A few weeks ago it was in the 20s for a week and it was windy and bitter and I couldn't stand it at all. Today it was in the 20s and was a perfectly lovely day. I didn't mind at all until the sun went down.

Hope it warms up a bit for everyone soon! At least a bit above freezing.

I'll be happy when it gets a bit above ZERO! Last night was only 11 below, but the wind chill made it feel like -26. And they DID have that stupid parade. I don't know if anybody showed up to watch it though.

OMG!!! it's so freezing cold there!!

96° here in argentina (almost summer) i was just complaining about how hot it is xD

OMG!!! it's so freezing cold there!!

96° here in argentina (almost summer) i was just complaining about how hot it is xD

But it warmed up substantially overnight to a balmy -25C with a windchill of -35.  This past we were the coldest place on earth according to our weather network.  Not so unusual...

the coldest place on earth according to our weather network.

......omg that's just wrong, honey...(she said as she sipped her beverage in her shorty Pajammies on the lanai...)

let me check the temp for you...hold on a sec...yeah... it's 81.

......omg that's just wrong, honey...(she said as she sipped her beverage in her shorty Pajammies on the lanai.

let me check the temp for you...hold on a sec...yeah... it's 81.

Nevermindyouloungingaroundlazilyinyourpjswhileifreezetodeath.  Don'tyouworryaboutme.

Nevermindyouloungingaroundlazilyinyourpjswhileifreezetodeath.  Don'tyouworryaboutme.

:lol:  :lol:  between this thread and the Poop thread, you've got me in stitches.