This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cold Snowy Winter Comin'............ Git Ready

Candy

love2travel Mentor

:lol:  :lol:  between this thread and the Poop thread, you've got me in stitches.

I have CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean sorta like this?

Open Original Shared Link

or, like this?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IrishHeart Veteran

more like this --and you really do need to get out of that god-forsaken place asap! 

roflmao.gif

GF Lover Rising Star

Here's Love2

Here's IH 

love2travel Mentor

Here's Love2

Here's IH 

I don't see a difference.  Do you see a difference?

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't see a difference.  Do you see a difference?

oh yeah....her brain's frozen, guys.!! 

love2travel Mentor

OR

GF Lover Rising Star

I see IH with a beach ball.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Wish I could go from this...

to this...

overnight.

IrishHeart Veteran

Wish I could go from this...

to this...

overnight.

If you didn't have to wear 347 lbs. of winter woolies to stay warm, you'd be uber-thin.

Adalaide Mentor

I think this is half the country right now.

On the bright side, even if it's only about 15 right now the sun is out. With the sun it has actually gotten warm enough to melt a lot of the snow and it feels positively wonderful outside. Yay! For the short time the sun was in our back yard our thermometer read about 34. Went straight back down as soon as the sun wasn't on it. :lol: I wouldn't want to be out there without the sun on me, but overall it's a perfectly pleasant day.

oh yeah....her brain's frozen, guys.!! 

Maybe she needs a search and rescue team? Quick, someone volunteer! 1...2....3........NOT IT!

IrishHeart Veteran

Maybe she needs a search and rescue team? Quick, someone volunteer! 1...2....3........NOT IT!

I'd go but.....about-to-vomit.gif I'm not dog-sled ready right now.

love2travel Mentor

If you didn't have to wear 347 lbs. of winter woolies to stay warm, you'd be uber-thin.

Exactly!  ;)   And then when my eyelashes freeze outside that adds another 4 lb per eye and then the tears coursing down my cheeks from the cold hurting so badly freeze into 6 lb chunks.  So yes, you are correct.  :lol:

love2travel Mentor

I'd go but.....about-to-vomit.gif I'm not dog-sled ready right now.

QUIT IT!  You and your fishies and your beach and your heat and your palm trees and your warmth.  Who needs it when you could have this?

Open Original Shared Link and this... Open Original Shared Link  I mean, think about it.  Which would you pick if you could?   

love2travel Mentor

I think this is half the country right now.

On the bright side, even if it's only about 15 right now the sun is out. With the sun it has actually gotten warm enough to melt a lot of the snow and it feels positively wonderful outside. Yay! For the short time the sun was in our back yard our thermometer read about 34. Went straight back down as soon as the sun wasn't on it. :lol: I wouldn't want to be out there without the sun on me, but overall it's a perfectly pleasant day.

Oh, come on.  It's not that bad.  What's six months of -40?  Nuthin. 

IrishHeart Veteran

Oh, come on.  It's not that bad.  What's six months of -40?  Nuthin. 

that's it...I think you've gone batpoop crazy from the cold. 

love2travel Mentor

that's it...I think you've gone batpoop crazy from the cold. 

Huh.  And here I thought I was pretty normal... ^_^

nvsmom Community Regular

Huh.  And here I thought I was pretty normal... ^_^

Welllll... Everyone is in the cold up there, so what are ya gonna compare against?  ;)

It warmed up some today after we got more snow. I helped ds shovel the neighbour's driveway since it was a balmy -6C. Poor kid was struggling to shovel the three car garage driveway - the snow piles and drifts are higher than his head now.  LOL :lol:  We had to give the kids the talk about tunneling through snow - don't do it unless there is someone there to pull you out if it caves in... You have some weird conversations when you just have boys.   :rolleyes:

w8in4dave Community Regular

We had a freezing rain yesterday , hubbs was on the way to work and totaled his truck. He is ok. truck is a goner, we went and looked at trucks and can you say sticker shocked? OMG!

IrishHeart Veteran

It's 87.

I went to the beach. 

Sorry everyone.

(got hit on by some romeo. hilarious!)

moosemalibu Collaborator

It's 51 here in Northern California. I'm at home bundled in my warmies on another sick day from work (ya'll know how that goes). 

I'd love to be at the beach, even with the random guy hitting on you.... Irish you sure know how to make a girl envious! 

Adalaide Mentor

It's just a truck, it's replaceable. I'll drive in a lot of things but ice is not one of them. That is under my list of never, ever. Which is why I love Utah so much, we don't get ice. Just snow.

You can keep your beach.  :P It has been in the 20s with sun, which is perfect winter weather. Everything is white and it truly feels Christmasy. I absolutely love it. It couldn't be a more ideal December here.

love2travel Mentor

87? 51? 20s? Trying to make those of us with -35 jealous? I saw photos of people in LA all bundled up in puffy coats which made me laugh out loud. I would be walking around with a bikini. Well, with a sarong to cover up my wobbly bits but still. They have absolutely no clue what cold is!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

wobbly bits (snort) :lol:

I've got those! I've got those!

love2travel Mentor

wobbly bits (snort) :lol:

I've got those! I've got those!

Thank goodness it's not just me! I have about 208 different wobbly bits and a couple of tight bits.
IrishHeart Veteran

those"still tight bits" keep us in the game, sistah! ;)

Archived