This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cold Snowy Winter Comin'............ Git Ready

Candy

love2travel Mentor

those"still tight bits" keep us in the game, sistah! ;)

For shame! *That* did not even cross my mind...tee hee hee...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IrishHeart Veteran

For shame! *That* did not even cross my mind...tee hee hee...

oh stop it sillypants....! yes it did....you play the "innocent" and all.... he he he he  :lol:

love2travel Mentor

oh stop it sillypants....! yes it did....you play the "innocent" and all.... he he he he  :lol:

But...but that is what I am! Pure as driven snow. I should know - we have enough of it!

IrishHeart Veteran

But...but that is what I am! Pure as driven snow. I should know - we have enough of it!

:lol:  sorry toots...you need to move someplace warmer...oh that's right...you are!!! yaay!!

love2travel Mentor

Yay for me! 

Open Original Shared Link

Adalaide Mentor

1470371_10152089633115921_765292465_n.pn

w8in4dave Community Regular

It's just a truck, it's replaceable. I'll drive in a lot of things but ice is not one of them. That is under my list of never, ever. Which is why I love Utah so much, we don't get ice. Just snow.

You can keep your beach.  :P It has been in the 20s with sun, which is perfect winter weather. Everything is white and it truly feels Christmasy. I absolutely love it. It couldn't be a more ideal December here.

Yes!! So happy he was ok!! He drives an hr. to work! And when the weather is nasty!! Well stuff happens sometimes!! I was just happy he was OK :) Thanks :) but this morning it was 12 outside! Plus we had a wind chill factor which took it to 0 F. That my friend is cold!! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

1470371_10152089633115921_765292465_n.pn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU MADE BOTH J AND ME SPIT COFFEE ABOUT 3 FEET THIS MORNING.

HILARIOUS AND 

I LOVE YOU TOO

nvsmom Community Regular

:D LOL  :lol:  :D

We are "Chinooking"! This weekend it's gonna warm up enough to make snowballs... Doesn't sound like much but we're excited.  LOL

shadowicewolf Proficient

:D LOL  :lol:  :D

We are "Chinooking"! This weekend it's gonna warm up enough to make snowballs... Doesn't sound like much but we're excited.  LOL

Its a heat wave! :lol:

Loey Rising Star

I feel guilty, although it's only 17 degrees (not factoring in wind chill) we haven't been hit with much snow in RI yet. Of course I could wake up to a winter wonderland if the forecast is right. I hope all of you are warm, safe, dry, with power (& loved ones).

Adalaide Mentor

We got a little more snow yesterday. Just a dusting really, there wasn't even an inch to clean off my Jeep this morning. I think we'll have a white Christmas here!  :D  :D  :D

bartfull Rising Star

It came down so hard here yesterday, I would shovel and within a half hour it didn't look like it had been shoveled at all. Got about six or seven inches. It's a regular winter #*%*#&*% wonderland. :angry:

Adalaide Mentor

It came down so hard here yesterday, I would shovel and within a half hour it didn't look like it had been shoveled at all. Got about six or seven inches. It's a regular winter #*%*#&*% wonderland. :angry:

You crack me up. It's supposed to be a winter wonderland this close to Christmas! Can't you feel the magic and wonder?  :P

love2travel Mentor

It came down so hard here yesterday, I would shovel and within a half hour it didn't look like it had been shoveled at all. Got about six or seves. It's a regular winter #*%*#&*% wonderland. :angry:

Same here. We have had so many blizzards and snow on the ground for 49 long days already. Temps around -25C for our highs (about -35 with windchill) and lows in the -30s (windchill -49 to -47). Winter wonderland my butt.

IrishHeart Veteran

You crack me up. It's supposed to be a winter wonderland this close to Christmas! Can't you feel the magic and wonder?  :P

yeah, I wonder how these people down here think it's

Christmas without snow..... and magically, Santa comes anyway....

;)  81 today...my bones are .lovin every. blessed. minute. 

Adalaide Mentor

MORE SNOW!!! Any weird noises you have heard today are me squealing like a little girl at how exciting it is to know we are for sure having a white Christmas! No worries though, I'll be complaining by mid-January for it to end. I only like snow for Christmas and my birthday.

When it snows
Ain't it thrilling
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play the Eskimo way
Walking in a winter wonderland

IrishHeart Veteran

bah!

81 today and I am feeling festive nonetheless.!! Christmas is not about snow.

...yeah, I have had my share of snow in this lifetime and even though it is lovely

on Christmas Eve, (I agree!!) the thought of it burying me for 6 months and making me cold and stiff....makes me say "no thanks!

Not missing it one bit..... and all the videos people send me from NY, PA and CT....just makes me say...sorry, guys. 

In a month or so, you'll be on a plane coming to see me. 

B)

love2travel Mentor

It warmed up to -21!  YAY! 

Adalaide Mentor

bah!

81 today and I am feeling festive nonetheless.!! Christmas is not about snow.

...yeah, I have had my share of snow in this lifetime and even though it is lovely

on Christmas Eve, (I agree!!) the thought of it burying me for 6 months and making me cold and stiff....makes me say "no thanks!

Not missing it one bit..... and all the videos people send me from NY, PA and CT....just makes me say...sorry, guys. 

In a month or so, you'll be on a plane coming to see me. 

B)

No, Christmas is not about snow but for me I simply can't imagine living in a place where white Christmases don't happen. I'll survive our winter without running away to FL just like I do every year. I've said it before, but frankly what we get is so mild compared to what I grew up with that it's practically paradise here in the winters to me.

Adalaide Mentor

It warmed up to -21!  YAY! 

Someone please rescue this woman. If -21 is her idea of warming up I'm not sure she's going to survive until spring, clearly she's suffering from some sort of winter malady that impairs her thinking! :P

IrishHeart Veteran

No, Christmas is not about snow but for me I simply can't imagine living in a place where white Christmases don't happen. 

I know hon, but..... many times in NY and MA, there was no snow on the ground for Christmas either, so I'd rather be warm than cold is all I meant.

I create snow in my head and I watch White Christmas on TV. 

My imagination runs wild....

IrishHeart Veteran

Someone please rescue this woman. If -21 is her idea of warming up 

It's all relative. She's happy that it's warm (er)...we should let her have it !  :D

Adalaide Mentor

It's all relative. She's happy that it's warm (er)...we should let her have it !  :D

Fine, she can have it. But it makes me cold just thinking about it!

Also, on the years we don't have a white Christmas here it is always above freezing which in late December feels warm. Warm enough for long sleeves and no coat, and a few years it was t-shirt weather. There's no complaining about the cold here for Christmas when there isn't snow on the ground. That northeast weather nonsense is for the birds, I'm totally with you there!

nvsmom Community Regular

I'm another that likes winter, I just don't like how LONG it lasts. We usually get our first snow in September and it's pretty chilly by October. The cld comes and goes at that point but every other Halloween is trick or treating in the snow. Even if it was just November through February of winter I would be happy but the snow in April is annoying.  LOL

In Calgary we joke that winter lasts 6 months, but it's more reality than a joke.  We can have snow up to 9 months of the year. We've already had snow on and off for 3 months.

Snow at this time is great though. The kids are having a blast in it and we have a sleigh ride in the mountains planned in a few days!  :D

Archived