336 replies to this topic

#271 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

They said on the radio yesterday that the rollercoaster here is over, and to expect a normal February. OK, so that means it's going to be stinking cold for the next month! :angry: So far the forecast shows it. Cold (a little below zero last night), near 50 tomorrow, then 30's for the forseeable future. We probably have at least one more good-sized snowstorm ahead before it's over too.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#272 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Seriously. It's like Mother Nature is bipolar or something this year. I can't leave the house at any given moment without checking the weather because not only between days, but in the same day I have no idea if I will go from needing a coat to not or vice versa. Mother Nature needs to get back on her meds.

This is the most perfect description of the weather this wintah!  I love it....bipolar!  :lol:

It is 18 degrees F here in Boston today but I like it because the sun is out and shining brightly.  I can handle anything if the sun is out.  We have had our fill of grey, gloomy days so far.  I can handle grey and gloomy if it rains but not when there is dirty snow everywhere and I can't get my cah washed because it's too cold for the cah wash to run. Nothing worse than a cah covered in sand and salt......yuck!  And if Irishheart pipes up and tells me how clean her cah is in the 80 degree heat, I'll send the polar vortex down to get her!

:angry: :ph34r:

#273 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

. Nothing worse than a cah covered in sand and salt......yuck!  And if Irishheart pipes up and tells me how clean her cah is in the 80 degree heat, I'll send the polar vortex down to get her!

:angry: :ph34r:

actually, my cah has sand and salt on it, too...from the BEACH!!   he he he  B)  :ph34r:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#274 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

actually, my cah has sand and salt on it, too...from the BEACH!!   he he he  B)  :ph34r:

I'm not sure she's going to be quite as amused, and maybe it's because I'm still a little loopy this evening, but that's pretty funny. I'd hide though, she may make good on that threat. It was almost warm enough today to sit out by a roaring fire to enjoy our pizza instead of staying inside, but my husband wasn't quite as adventurous as me. Oh well, maybe next time.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#275 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Touché, you little beeyatch! Ha, ha! It's the polar vortex for you!

#276 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Touché, you little beeyatch! Ha, ha! It's the polar vortex for you!

hahaha!

:wub:  you too, you crazy NOO Englundah. 

Make a snow angel for me. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#277 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

:lol:

We're back to winter again here too. Light snow and somewhere around -16C with a windchill. Brrr. The roads are a hazard now with the snow, melting and re-freezing, my road has 8 inches of ice on it with ruts.I t's so slick that if you get stuck in a rut, it's tough to get back out - even with my studded tires.  Kinda fun though.

Oh well, better now than April.   :P

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#278 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

It's been mighty chilly here too, Nicole.  For much longer periods than the norm. However, there is no 8 inches of ice on the roads.  :blink: I have so much respect for Canadians.....they are tough when it comes to winter. You even manage to find the fun in it and yes, I like driving in the snow.  It can be very fun!

#279 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:55 AM

I'm so glad I'm not in the range of that evil vortex. Vortex just sounds like an evil word too. It's a gloomy day today and we expect rain, but it's rain! It's mid-30's and will probably end up making for some slick overnight and morning travel but I can't be bothered to worry about that since I don't send my husband out in it until the roads have had a chance to be cleared.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#280 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Gloomy, rainy, foggy and 66. Blech.

Good day for ducks.

My cousin (lives in NH) vacationing in Myrtle beach reports the impossible was supposed to happen........light snow. ugh

Yeah, she's thrilled. <_< she has not told me anything yet....

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#281 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Maybe she should have come to visit you instead. With this crazy weather at least she would have had a better shot at escaping winter.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#282 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

Myrtle Beach doesn't look like fun. The weather is better here in South Dakota right now!

http://www.myrtlebea...-remain-as.html#

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#283 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Maybe she should have come to visit you instead. With this crazy weather at least she would have had a better shot at escaping winter.

She is staying there for a month while they break ground for building her house.(I TOLD them to build down here , but ...) 

I can only imagine what she's thinking right now.

I suspect I'll be getting an email full of expletives any minute. :lol:

Myrtle Beach doesn't look like fun. The weather is better here in South Dakota right now!

http://www.myrtlebea...-remain-as.html#

That looks more like Cape Cod right now.. Yikes.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#284 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

I guess the polar vortex has broken up but now we got the cold weather again! It has been COLD for a few days with high temps around -20C and a bit of a windchill that took it down into the minus 30's.  Brrr. My car doesn't like it. Even though I had the car's block heater plugged in, and I let it run 5 minutes before I drove, it was still cold enough that the power steering and brakes took a few blocks to thaw out enough to work.  LOL

It's warmer today. It's -22C at the moment but it's supposed to warm up to -12C. It feels warm. The boys and I were outside in pj's earlier putting Canada flags into the snow on the yard whereas if we'd trie that a couple of days ago we would have been shivering for half an hour afterwards... scratch that, we wouldn't have gone out in only pj's a few days ago. LOL

It's a shame Calgary doesn't have the Olympics this year - we have great conditions for it! ;)

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#285 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

The schools have run out of snow days.  :rolleyes: The roads have been plowed well enough to have school today even though the wind chill was at negative 22 degrees. :ph34r:

More snow for Saturday!  We are going to be battling flooding when all this (record setting)  starts to melt. :o

Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: