336 replies to this topic

#76 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Still nice and warm here in Croatia. Lush and very, very green. Back in Canada? Not so much...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

You'll probably have a crust of ice on your windows when you get back! I can't figure out why you don't just stay in Croatia. A perfect paradise sure sounds better than living in a freezer box. 

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#78 Loey

Loey

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

So sorry you're already getting hit with snow. It's cold in RI & that's caused the foliage to be lackluster. Lots of bare trees already. Praying the snow doesn't cause power outages or other bad conditions for you! Those of you in warmer climates have the right idea!

#79 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

You'll probably have a crust of ice on your windows when you get back! I can't figure out why you don't just stay in Croatia. A perfect paradise sure sounds better than living in a freezer box.

Starting next May we will be living here and cannot wait. Just one more icky winter to get through!!! There is a lot of residency red tape and such to get through but it will be so worth it in the end.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#80 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Starting next May we will be living here and cannot wait. Just one more icky winter to get through!!! There is a lot of residency red tape and such to get through but it will be so worth it in the end.

And I keep telling Love2 that May will be here before she knows it.

And soon, she will be living in her Paradise. Yaaay!! :)

I hate to report this, because I am not trying to be  a wiseguy-- honest--

but every day is a lovely sunny 80-something (NO humidity) and the lows are 71.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#81 KnightRobby

KnightRobby

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

I used to live in Indiana.  I moved to Arizona to get away from the snow.  Now all I have is dust and a severe case of chronic hayfever.  So much fun.  I wasn't expecting that.  Still, I really hated the snow and truly understand what a pain it can be!

#82 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

Sorry to hear of your hayfever. Not a great trade, is it?

So, we have had tons of snow on the ground for two weeks. Three blizzards with rain between so the streets are polished thick ice. Our coldest temp has been -22C thus far...soooooooooooo relieved this is our last Canadian winter!

#83 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Well a cold front moved through here and we were down to a frigid 79 on Wednesday.

I actually saw some people with leather jackets or hoodies and sweats on.

Really, people?

IT'S 79!!! I'm still sitting on the beach for crying out loud.

Good thing it went back up to 82 yesterday or these peeps would have been cranking up the heat.

Can't wait until my blood thins out like that. 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#84 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Well a cold front moved through here and we were down to a frigid 79 on Wednesday.

Really, people?

Good thing it went back up to 82 yesterday or these peeps would have been cranking up the heat.

Ha.  My Mom has lived in Hawaii around 10 years now and when they visit me in Ohio in August the heat, which really effects me poorly, has no effect on them and if the temperature drops below 80 they are reaching for a throw :lol:

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#85 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Really, people?

:lol: yep

#86 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

Really, people?

Haha. I was talking to my daughter yesterday in AR and it was mid-60s there. She had to go outside and was getting a coat. Not a jacket, a COAT!!! I'd be out in a freakin t-shirt. And my kids both wish it snowed more. They'd probably both freeze to death.

We had snow yesterday. Instead of the overnight snow that melts away first thing we had snow all day long. It was sitting right around 33-34 though so it melted off the roads and only stuck on the grass. Perfect. ^_^ It'll be gone today though. Mid 40s which isn't even jacket weather with the sun out, just long sleeves.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#87 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

Haha. I was talking to my daughter yesterday in AR and it was mid-60s there. She had to go outside and was getting a coat. Not a jacket, a COAT!!! I'd be out in a freakin t-shirt. And my kids both wish it snowed more. They'd probably both freeze to death.

We had snow yesterday. Instead of the overnight snow that melts away first thing we had snow all day long. It was sitting right around 33-34 though so it melted off the roads and only stuck on the grass. Perfect. ^_^ It'll be gone today though. Mid 40s which isn't even jacket weather with the sun out, just long sleeves.

Being used to really hot temps, then going to a place with a really cold winter is not fun.

#88 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Psh, they lived in PA before they moved. They should consider AR a tropical paradise in comparison!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#89 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:36 AM

LOL Ah geez! Our country's hot spots are in BC and it's cool and rainy there now.  

It was -20C today. I think that's about 80F less than you have down there, Irish! LOL  Winter has moved in.  :ph34r: <-- Forget ninja, dude is wearing a balaclava!

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

#90 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Gosh, snow on the ground last week and tornados last night.  I believe Mother Nature has "brain fog". 

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: