5 replies to this topic

#1 teruff

teruff

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

Has anyone tried the twinlab pre-workout activator? I called the manufacturer to see how may ppm it tests to and they said none, something I've never gotten before when I've called other places. I have yet to find one that does not make me sick and would LOVE to know if anyone has tried this. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

I don't think they have suddenly developed a test for 0 ppm.  I think the person who answered just saw it says gluten-free and said that means none.  Maybe try again and ask how they test?  Do they even test?  But even if they test using the <20 ppm, it doesn't mean it has 19 ppm or 10ppm or any, its just the limitation of the testing.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 teruff

teruff

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

They do test bc it is certified gluten free. I'm assuming the person who answered me just had no idea what they were talking about. All of my food tests to between 5 & 10 ppm so I found it very odd that she said 0. In the past 8 years and all the manufacturers I have called, I've never heard someone say that. But from all the research I've done this one does seem to be the most gluten-free. We'll find out!

#4 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

I just drink coffee and have a piece of fruit.  It's cheap and convenient.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 teruff

teruff

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Coffee and certain fruits is what I've using. I'm just looking for something that will give me the extra boost for when I'm lifting & contain beta alanine :)

#6 richgregory

richgregory

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

I'm only 3 months gluten-free but I've found that a FAT BLACK (double shot of espresso, teaspoon of butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil) works wonders. I'm training for ironman triathlons so not really any very high intensity work but still get a good buzz.  

"Diagnosed" GI September 2013, self realisation of GI about 3 months before that but Doctors and Surgeons said a Family history of Gluten Intolerance had nothing to do with being rushed to hospital twice with upper gastric pain! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: