2 replies to this topic

#1 mateo2099

mateo2099

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Was very surprised to see Texas Fuddruckers are offering gluten free hot dog and hamburger buns on all their standard burger combinations.  They are using a local supplier out of Dallas.  Never heard of the company before, but they are hands down the best burger buns I have ever tasted.  On first try, I remarked they were so good, I could cry.  My 10 year old son agreed. I would say they are far bigger and better than the Red Robin Udi's burger buns.   I'm not 100% sure of the process they use to cook the burgers separately, but they bring it out in covered plastic dish that you remove yourself before taking it back to the table.  Very impressed and have had no issues with any reactions on several visits thus far.  I haven't seen this advertised on the internet or their website, so just a FYI - may want to contact your local restaurant.  

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Sounds awesome! We have a Fuddruckers here and I'd love to have another burger joint I could go to. I'm not sure why really but I just have a thing for burgers.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

They use local oven hamburger buns, and being from the local area, when I discovered them I bought some.  The BEST gluten-free hamburger and hotdog buns, by far.  They come individually wrapped in a sealed plastic pouch so you can take out just what you need, and let it thaw out on the counter.  They are soft and moist, and the texture is the closest to gluteny buns that I have found.  I tried Udis hot dog buns and they were so terrible, hard to chew and tough.  If you live in the DFW area they can be found at Central Market and some other places.  I go periodically and fill up my freezer.  I think some of their buns are free of other allergens, too, I would check the website.  They also have a complete list of places who sell and serve their products.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: