Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Chicken And Dumplings

8 posts in this topic

So, I was talking to my friend the other day and she mentioned making chicken and dumplings for her girls.  That made me start craving some for myself.  I haven't made any since going gluten-free, so I don't have a recipe.  Any of you out there have a good gluten-free chicken and dumpling recipe you can share?

With fall coming I'm starting to crave warm, hearty dishes like this.

Ads by Google:

Thanks Kareng.  That recipe looks great and super easy.  Just what I needed.

If you don't like the chicken pot pie version with the Bisquick topping, just blob on mashed potatoes making a shepard's pie.  Yum!  

I regularly make it with dumplings as I prefer it to Bisquik. My Mom recently told me she would not have been able to tell they were gluten free. Will dig around for the recipe (though I have really modified it)

love2travel, if you find the recipe, I really want it. Also, tell us about your modifications. That will save me the trouble of experimenting. I love chicken and dumplings, but have not attempted that since going gluten-free six years ago.

I made the Bisquick recipe Friday and it turned out pretty good.  The comments suggested adding extra broth to the recipe to keep it from being doughy and I agree.  But the taste was good and it was really easy.  I'd like to try your recipe, love2travel, because it sounds really yummy too.