4 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Ok a friend of mine or lets say ... kinda relative got DX'd with Celiac OMG she was having some really bad problems!! She has had it a long time before I did. About a year. So she tells me she is  still eating a little Gluten because if she eats a lil Gluten she can "Go" on a regular basis. I said Ohhhh No No No No No!! No No No!!!! I cannot do that!!NO NO NO NO NO  If it was just letting you "Go" on a regular basis thats one thing, but it is damaging your body!! I just cannot believe she is doing this!! How can I convince her? I just had this talk with some of my other friends that said they cannot believe I can just "Stop" eating foods I loved. I tell them "If it was just stop eating , it's one thing, but some foods damage my body!!" What can I say to my friend that is still eating Gluten so she can "GO" regularly? I told her eat more veggies!! I just don't know!! Why would someone do this? I wrote down this site and I am hoping she comes in here and see's how worried I am about her!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I went from "loose" to C for a while. I started eating a handful or two of nuts every day and that took care of the problem.

You could tell your friend to come here and read up on all the nasty things that can happen if she continues to eat gluten, or you can challenge her to give it up for just three months and see how much better she feels. But to be honest, I don't think it would help. She has to decide for herself. I think we all know people who are poisoning themselves on a regular basis. Sometimes we have to just tell them the truth (and most of them already know it), and then just let it go.

Remember, EVERYBODY now knows that smoking can kill, yet there are still many smokers in the world. Driving while texting or talking on the phone can kill not just the driver, but innocent bystanders, yet people still do it. It's sad, but people are going to be reckless and nothing we do or say can change that. :(

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#3 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yes your right bartfull, it just surprised me that she was doing that!! She was so very sick before. I just cannot believe it. 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

She needs some fiber like ground flaxseed meal, lots of water, probiotics and a good swift kick in the behind.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yes a good swift kick in the behind is absolutely what she needs !! I have been eating alot of nuts and that is helping me.I also drink alot of water get  Probiotics but Flaxseed meal huh? I will look into that. Thanks!! I seen her over the weekend but didn't have a lot of time to talk so I didn't get to give her that swift kick!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: