#1 Bella001

Bella001

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi there!

Has anybody tried them yet?  I'm scared to death to put anything different in my mouth : )  It contains buckwheat flour now.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mbrookes

mbrookes

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I haven't tried the Snickerdoodles, but I LOVE their Crispy Sugar Cookies. They are great with a cup of tea or coffee... or by themselves.

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Oooohhh snickerdoodles... my favorite grocer just changed up their gluten-free section, I will have to see if these are there when I shop on Friday.  If they are, I will try them out and report back!  I really like their soft chocolate brownie cookies, but I try not to buy them as I destroy them in a few sittings.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Bellamoon

Bellamoon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

I have had them along with my dd and ds (ages 6 and 2) with no adverse reactions.  But everyone has different levels of sensitivity.

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Enjoy life is a reputable gluten-free company. I think we just had those for lunch here at the Celiac Symposium. I didn't like them before and they taste the same now. Lots of people loved them so I think it's just me.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#6 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Enjoy life is a reputable gluten-free company. I think we just had those for lunch here at the Celiac Symposium. I didn't like them before and they taste the same now. Lots of people loved them so I think it's just me.

No, it's not just you...
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7 grannyG

grannyG

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

"Buckwheat has no relation to wheat, which makes it a safe alternative for anyone avoiding the gluten grains. In fact, like quinoa, buckwheat isn't even a grain- it's a seed related to rhubarb and sorrel. The health benefits of buckwheat are truly staggering: It's a rich source of fiber, magnesium, all eight essential amino acids, and even protein. Buckwheat also contains an antioxidant called rutin, a flavonoid that can lower the risk of developing high cholesterol and high blood pressure, as well as chiro-inositol, which drives carbohydrates into your muscles without raising insulin levels. As always...check that it hasn't been grown and processed near wheat".

This information was taken from a book that I have on Gluten Free. I'm not sure if the title can be mentioned, so for now I will leave it at that...unknown. I am new for this site and I'm not sure what can be mentioned or not. I wish that these informative items could be mentioned as to it could give aid to others. Hope this information has helped.

I personally do use Buckwheat, and have not had any problems.

#8 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

"Buckwheat has no relation to wheat, which makes it a safe alternative for anyone avoiding the gluten grains. In fact, like quinoa, buckwheat isn't even a grain- it's a seed related to rhubarb and sorrel. The health benefits of buckwheat are truly staggering: It's a rich source of fiber, magnesium, all eight essential amino acids, and even protein. Buckwheat also contains an antioxidant called rutin, a flavonoid that can lower the risk of developing high cholesterol and high blood pressure, as well as chiro-inositol, which drives carbohydrates into your muscles without raising insulin levels. As always...check that it hasn't been grown and processed near wheat".
This information was taken from a book that I have on Gluten Free. I'm not sure if the title can be mentioned, so for now I will leave it at that...unknown. I am new for this site and I'm not sure what can be mentioned or not. I wish that these informative items could be mentioned as to it could give aid to others. Hope this information has helped.
I personally do use Buckwheat, and have not had any problems.

Yes. Buckwheat is gluten-free.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#9 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

I haven't tried the Snickerdoodles, but I LOVE their Crispy Sugar Cookies. They are great with a cup of tea or coffee... or by themselves.

I have these almost every day with my tea! So good

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

acute adult onset asthma diagnosed April 2012

celiac diagnosis July 2013

osteopenia Sept 2013

Dysautonomia: POTS (autonomic nervous system dysfunction)

DQ2 Gene

#10 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

I picked up my first package of Enjoy Life Crispy Sugar Cookies.  OMG ...  NOM NOM NOM :D

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#11 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Enjoy life also caters to allergen free above and beyond gluten.  They have recently "tweeked" some products and really improved them!  I tried the improved soft chocolate chip cookies, and I will eat them again if I don't have time to make some.

Michigan

#12 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I finally tried the snickerdoodles. While they taste NOTHING like a real snickerdoodle, they are OK. I still prefer the crispy sugar cookies. By the way, gluten-free flour works fine in making homemade snickerdoodles. I use Cup-4-Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: