4 replies to this topic

#1 HumanDecency

HumanDecency

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm an avid Columbus Blue Jackets fan and it has been tradition for 8 years now to have what we call a "stinger doughnut" before the opening game. This is basically just a tim horton's plain doughnut with green frosting and blue sprinkles. Nothing special. Well, 8 years until CELIAC decided to be like Walter White and come knocking. I was pretty bummed about this but I decided, you know what? To heck with that. I'm going to fight fire with fire and I will just make my own.

The problem is: I have no idea how to do that. So I figure I will buy a doughnut maker on Amazon. Anyone have a good recipe? I've searched for some online and it looks like I just need to find a good flour. I'm a horrible cook (but learning). All suggestions are welcome! :) 

Take care my friendly Celiacs.

Jesse

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

I know nothing about how to make donuts..... but..... love the Blue Jackets and our unbeatable Buckeye Football Players!!!

Good luck on the donuts.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 BridgetteIMcleod

BridgetteIMcleod

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Try the King Arthur website. They are really good with gluten free recipes. Also I suggest you use King Arthur Gluten Free Flour. Whatever you make always turns out better with their flour.

http://www.kingarthu...king-mix-recipe

#4 grannyG

grannyG

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Try the King Arthur website. They are really good with gluten free recipes. Also I suggest you use King Arthur Gluten Free Flour. Whatever you make always turns out better with their flour.

http://www.kingarthu...king-mix-recipe

I just got finished making a Gluten Free 3 Berry Pie. Crust; 2 1/2 C. All purpose G. F. King Arthurs Flour, 2 Sticks +2 T. Real Butter, 1 t. Salt, 1 T. Ice Water, 1 T. Cider Vinegar.  Mix in a Food Processor. Divide the dough in half. Wrap and place in frig for 1/2 hr. Roll out between 2 sheets of Plastic Wrap.

Filling; 1 Bag of Frozen Blueberries, 1 Bag of Frozen Strawberries, 1 Bag of Raspberries. Place them together in a large bowl (still frozen). Mix 4 T. G. F. King Arthurs All Purpose Flour, Juice from 1/2 Lemon, Zest from the Whole Lemon, 1 1/2 T Corn Starch, 1 C. Sugar.

Mix all together and pour into a prepared pie crust. Add some slices of Butter UNDERNEATH THE FRUIT. Then add your top crust.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 20 min. Then 350 degrees for 40 - 50 min.

*Note, the crust will not be the same as a regular pie. It WILL be more flaky.

Wrap the edges with foil to assure no burning.

Enjoy! I know we sure did.

Connie Burns

#5 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Connie, sounds like I need to come hang out at your house! :)

/rant

The one thing I cannot satisfy while gluten-free is my craving for a YEAST doughnut.  Not a cruddy cake doughnut.  I would pay anything for a gluten-free yeast doughnut that tasted like the non gluten-free version.  :(   I have a dream that some day, I will get this.  

/end rant

But I do like King Arthur gluten-free mixes and flour the best, so I would definitely try one of their recipes out first if I were going to start.  

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: