#1 amitaitos

amitaitos

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hi.

I learn in a dorm not close to my house.

I have gluten-free breads and such in the freezer and not a lot other than that.

I have a problem with finding what to eat for breakfast and dinner. I have about 20-30 min. for each meal, which means I don't have a lot of time to prepare something.

Do you have and ideas what I can prepare with minimal ingredients (I can buy some) and minimal preparation?

I also have a toaster.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ItchyAbby

ItchyAbby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

A couple of ideas:

- Almond, cashew or sunflower butter on that gluten-free toast. Add a banana or apple.

- Chia porridge: mash a banana, add 2 TBS chia seed and 1 cup of your milk of choice (cashew, almond or hemp are all good if you cannot tolerate dairy! Unsweetened is best) Make this in larger batches so it can sit and thicken overnight in the fridge. Top with nuts or shredded coconut or fruit.

- If you can find access to a stove, make a batch of hardboiled eggs. Do this on the weekend and make enough to last the week. You could also cook up a batch of bfast sausage patties for reheating.

Self Diagnosed with DH in June 2013

MD and ND confirmed shortly thereafter

Gluten free June 1, 2013

Low Iodine July 15, 2013 - (waiting for the rash to clear...)

Other symptoms: IBS-D gone, skin on face much clearer, anxiety gone, periods regulating and less painful, and oh! this one is new: I have not had a UTI since going gluten-free (used to get them several times a year)

Currently training to become a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. I want to heal as many guts as I can!

Love Heals.

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Eggs and bacon are my favourites. You could experiment with microwaving them - just don't nuke the egg in the shell before cracking it unless you want a mess.  LOL

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Microwaved eggs work best scrambled. I water them down a little and beat the heck out of them, then I put a lot of cheese in thebowl with them. They take a while to cook. Two minutes, then open the micro and stir them up. Then another two minutes and stir. Then maybe another two minutes. Of course I'm using my tiny, low-powered micro at work. If yours has more power it won't take as long, but it's still a good idea to stir them. Also, you have to eat them while they're hot or they get rubbery.

Bacon is great in the microwave. Put it between several layers of paper towel.

Good old PBJ sandwiches are quick. And of course there are gluten-free cereals for breakfast. Add some fruit and a slice of cheese on the side. I eat a Lara bar for breakfast every morning. I get the "cashew cookie" flavor and it is quite filling.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: