Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Oral Contraceptive

4 posts in this topic

I am reseraching to see if Gildess FE 1-20 is gluten free. I called the manufacturer today because at the bottom of the inactive ingredients is a word "Alpha-tocopherol" and when I looked it up it's made from WHEAT GERM! Well the lady from that company did not have it listed as such and they also dont test for trace amounts like that.

SO what I want to know is where is there research proof of Gluten Free oral conctraceptives? My daughter is on them for very painful cycles and started it about a months 1/2 ago and she's had terrible celiac symptoms ever since. Now, I did not think to look up wheat in this until yesterday.............du me!

Looking for guideance please.

Thank you.

Ads by Google:

The Canadian Celiac Association lists tocopherols as a safe ingredient in food, without concern as to the source. They are highly refined and contain no gluten.

When I called the manufacturer on that one, I couldn't tell if I could trust it or not - so I decided to use one that was on the glutenfreedrugs.com page.  I use either Junel FE or microgestin (I think that is the brand) and have had no issues with either.  

Hi Hapy,

I just posted a new topic in this area, check it out and I hope it helps you :)  I started it as a reply to this but I thought it would be better off as its own thing.