5 replies to this topic

#1 Eliza13

Eliza13

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

Here we go again! My co-worker noticed a lump on my back today that I had not noticed before. When she said it, I was shocked. I have had pain there for a long time, but had no idea that I have a lump there!!!! What the heck can this be? I suspect that my problems go beyond celiac and am going back the doctor.
Diagnosed by my doctor on the basis of symptoms only (May 2005). My symptoms include:

-amenorhea (all my life)
-high prolactin levels
-major bloating ("Are you pregnant?")
-swollen ankles
-possible DH: had the rash on my elbows and scalp (gone now)
-joint pain
-childhood arthritis
-all dairy allergy
-dry skin
-fat in stool sample (no connection was made at the time...I was being tested for something else...When the doctor told me of the fat I replied by saying: "I eat alot of olive oil". DUH!!!!)
-mother is allergic to wheat
-ravenous appetite: I eat for 5 people
-light coloured stool
-pass stool 7 times a day sometimes
-hemorrhoids
-get the hiccups alot (not sure if this is related)
-some reflux

I'm sure there are more that I don't recall at the moment. SIGH.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CeliacMe

CeliacMe

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

Probably just a large cyst- I've had a few. Don't know if they are celiac disease related or not. It got infected after getting bigger and bigger and the doctor had to cut it but it was still hard, so I got antibiotics and it ruptured itself and went away. Gross right? lol

Here we go again!  My co-worker noticed a lump on my back today that I had not noticed before.  When she said it, I was shocked.  I have had pain there for a long time, but had no idea that I have a lump there!!!!  What the heck can this be?  I suspect that my problems go beyond celiac and am going back the doctor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pamela
Florida

Gluten Free since 7/05

#3 jcgirl

jcgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:20 PM

I had a lump in the same area in 1984. It appeared a week after I broke out in hives all over my body and every single joint in my body was swollen. I literally could not walk to the bathroom without my mom helping me. I was in the worst pain in my life!!!! It has happened 2 other times sense then. However the lump was after the first episode. I had it removed and the doctor said it was a lypoma (sp) which was just a fatty deposit.

The thing is the other day I noticed a lump under my armpit that is smaller and harder than what I had in the past. I am going to get it checked out and they had better not say IBS.

Any lump should be checked out right away to be on the safe side.

Good luck and i hope it is nothing serious

#4 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 11:30 AM

Good luck! I hope it's not serious.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#5 WRowland

WRowland

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

Any hard lump is suspicious for celiac and probably gluten sensitives as well. Especially, in the armpit, groin, collarbone or jawline. These could be swollen lymph nodes and need to be evaluated.

Lipomas, sebaceous cysts, lymph nodes reacting to infection are the most common findings. But lymphoma (cancer) is one of the major complications of untreated celiac, and every celiac should be aware of this risk. A persistent swollen lymph node needs attention.

#6 elisabet

elisabet

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:27 AM

I had a hard lump on my wrist,when we started the new diet for my son, the whole family ate gluten-free cf sf diet,I ddn t know how long it took,but one day I saw it is not there !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: