Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Lump On Back Near Shoulder Blade

6 posts in this topic

Here we go again! My co-worker noticed a lump on my back today that I had not noticed before. When she said it, I was shocked. I have had pain there for a long time, but had no idea that I have a lump there!!!! What the heck can this be? I suspect that my problems go beyond celiac and am going back the doctor.

Probably just a large cyst- I've had a few. Don't know if they are celiac disease related or not. It got infected after getting bigger and bigger and the doctor had to cut it but it was still hard, so I got antibiotics and it ruptured itself and went away. Gross right? lol

Here we go again!  My co-worker noticed a lump on my back today that I had not noticed before.  When she said it, I was shocked.  I have had pain there for a long time, but had no idea that I have a lump there!!!!  What the heck can this be?  I suspect that my problems go beyond celiac and am going back the doctor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a lump in the same area in 1984. It appeared a week after I broke out in hives all over my body and every single joint in my body was swollen. I literally could not walk to the bathroom without my mom helping me. I was in the worst pain in my life!!!! It has happened 2 other times sense then. However the lump was after the first episode. I had it removed and the doctor said it was a lypoma (sp) which was just a fatty deposit.

The thing is the other day I noticed a lump under my armpit that is smaller and harder than what I had in the past. I am going to get it checked out and they had better not say IBS.

Any lump should be checked out right away to be on the safe side.

Good luck and i hope it is nothing serious

Good luck! I hope it's not serious.

Any hard lump is suspicious for celiac and probably gluten sensitives as well. Especially, in the armpit, groin, collarbone or jawline. These could be swollen lymph nodes and need to be evaluated.

Lipomas, sebaceous cysts, lymph nodes reacting to infection are the most common findings. But lymphoma (cancer) is one of the major complications of untreated celiac, and every celiac should be aware of this risk. A persistent swollen lymph node needs attention.

I had a hard lump on my wrist,when we started the new diet for my son, the whole family ate gluten-free cf sf diet,I ddn t know how long it took,but one day I saw it is not there !!!!