Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pillsbury gluten-free Pie Crust Dough

16 posts in this topic

This just popped up in my local Kroger. I bought some, but have not used it yet. Does anyone have experience with this product? Did I throw my money away or is it a good thing?

Ads by Google:

Let's just make you the Guinea Pig :o   I will be waiting for your report before I pick it up at Kroger.

Colleen

Guines Pig? Well, I've been called worse! I'll report back after I try it out.

I was thinking about using this for thanksgiving for a pumpkin and pecan pie, was thinking I better test it out before I make it the day before and there is no backup.  So yes, I would love for you to post a review and any tips :)

Yesterday I made a chicken pot pie using the Pillsbury Pie Crust. The crust is very good. It is a little hard to handle, as are all gluten-free pie crusts, but it turned out very good. I will use it again, probably on a mincemeat pie for Thanksgiving.

Brooks, thanks for the report :)  I think I will try for a pumpkin pie. Haven't had one for so long.

Thanks again.

Colleen 

Thanks for the report!  

What about using it in muffin tins for mini pumpkin pie?  Could be easier to work with and how well does the middle of the pie crust bake?  (especially the middle of the pie?)

Does anyone have any time to try this or experience working with it?  I have been seeing some "non-stick" rolling pins too.

I like the mini pumpkin pie idea.  Then the extra can be frozen for snacks. 

Colleen

I roll sticky doughs out between two pieces of plastic wrap.

I had some of this dough and put the container in the freezer. Apparently, the company says not to freeze the dough! Oh well.

I have some more and want to make a free form pie. It has a fancy name that I don't know. You roll it out to basically round, put the fruit filling in the middle, then roll over the sides to partly cover the filling. I figure this is good if the crust isn't too pretty when I roll it out.

I had some of this dough and put the container in the freezer. Apparently, the company says not to freeze the dough! Oh well.

I have some more and want to make a free form pie. It has a fancy name that I don't know. You roll it out to basically round, put the fruit filling in the middle, then roll over the sides to partly cover the filling. I figure this is good if the crust isn't too pretty when I roll it out.

:mellow: My pies have never been pretty.  Are we being graded? :o

I didn't see pie crust dough, but they had a small bucket of pizza dough. I made it into soft pretzels - yum!

I have been sooo wanting to get some of this!! Now I will!! Thanks for the report :) 

The directions say to bake the bottom crust a few minutes before filling. I did that and the crust was not at all doughey in the center.

Galette?

Galette?

Sure!  Sounds good.  :D